Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and Should I buy new helmet and put the autograpohed one on the shelf?

Cheers
Rob
 

·
Suicide Kings Racing
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
depends on the autograph, if you were drunk ans signed it yourself, some colorox should protect it well





i would buy a new helmet if the autograph is sentimental or valuable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The autograph ois from the man himself. thats Mr Rossi to you and I :)
 

·
R1 parking only
Joined
·
189 Posts
R1Power said:
and Should I buy new helmet and put the autograpohed one on the shelf?

Cheers
Rob
V. Rossi :thumbup congrats bro.

I have autograph of: John Kocinski, Carl Fogarty, Aaron Yates, and few others. I used a clear coat spray (You can get it at any Art store) to protect them, and work great.
 

·
450 coming shortly...
Joined
·
7,696 Posts
Hey there Rob...the BEST thing to do with that helmet is to hand it over to me:lol

Congrats on gettin his auto,Im guessing you got it at Peter Stevens,as at the autograph session at the gp,you probably missed out like I did:( *1/2hr autograph session went for 5mins-literally*

Luckily I managed to snag Bayliss' sig at the store appearance,and Haga and Edwards at the Aprillia stand at the GP:jump

Depends on how much of a rossi fan you are really with the lid. Personally,Id get a clear case for it and wack it on a shelf...or as I initally said,hand it over to me:p

Cheers,



:boom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Ozzy_R1_demon said:


Congrats on gettin his auto,Im guessing you got it at Peter Stevens,as at the autograph session at the gp,you probably missed out like I did:( *1/2hr autograph session went for 5mins-literally*

I've got to say, those autograph sessions are done with very poor organisation if with any at all. The que was almost back to the expo tent with hours still to go before the riders were due. They should only allow a set number to que and tell the rest not to bother as they will miss out anyway. I got one of Doohans there a couple of years back, he sent someone out to mark the last person in the que, everyone trying to join after that was told they would not be eligible but everyone already in the que was assured. Some of those people que for hours only to be turned away and it's the same every year.
At least you got to the Honda girls!
 

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
Joined
·
10,685 Posts
nightshift said:
I've got to say, those autograph sessions are done with very poor organisation if with any at all. The que was almost back to the expo tent with hours still to go before the riders were due. They should only allow a set number to que and tell the rest not to bother as they will miss out anyway. I got one of Doohans there a couple of years back, he sent someone out to mark the last person in the que, everyone trying to join after that was told they would not be eligible but everyone already in the que was assured. Some of those people que for hours only to be turned away and it's the same every year.
At least you got to the Honda girls!
I just saw a pretty novel approach to this here in town.
The local Interstate Battery place was having some Nascar dude sigining autographs.(one of the Labonte's, don't know NASCAR), and what they did was tell everyone that they had to be there and sign up between 12 noon, and 4pm. Then at 4:30 they drew so many names, and you had to be present. Those that were drawn got wristbands, and at 5:30 the autographs started. He signed till everyone with a wristband got one. (btw you gave up your wristband when you signed, so no sneaking to a friend). Was interesting.
I found all this out cus i wanted to replace the batteries in two watches, and walked into the middle of that shitstorm.
decided to go to the mall instead, was faster, and well worth the extra $5.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top