Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Lake County Ass Terry
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hellobye Hey guys,
I wanted to know what the fastest car that you've raced and beat or lost closely to?? I don't have any drag racing exp.
Weather permitting (im in cali) I plan to have a friendly race against my friends 740HP(dyno'd) single turbo supra.
It's a mutual thing: We want to know how well we'd do against a bike/supra. NO money, NO pride, just to see. It's a video must
and I'll post whenever we can do it.

We'll do stop, low speed roll, high speed roll. I'm not going to go that fast. I've only gone 160(indicated).

Me: Stock 05 R1 w/ Gear!!!
Him: Huge single turbo

Don't worry! We know an small abandon airport that we can do a few runs then leave.

·
Registered
555 Posts
This past summer I was out on the highway with a few friends and we ran into a newer looking Porsche, I'm not sure which model because I am not interested in them. We started teasing each other a little bit and it was on from there. The bike was quicker and faster. He would fly past and I would get on it and pass him right back. Then I'd slow down and the process continued. It was actually a really fun ride.

·
My other bike is your sister
7,420 Posts
Bright yellow Porshce GT-R....Out on an early 7am Sunday morning ride and I was half a mile back from this bright yellow car pulling out of a country store parking lot onto this long, windy, country road.......I thought it was a Viper so I sped up to catch him.....it was this GT-R....so he gets on it, I get on it.....and while we didn't have an out-and-out high speed race, he tried to skate and there was no way he was getting away from me that day.......so he couldn't break away after 4 or 5 miles, so he slowed up and I managed to pass him w/ a 3rd gear wheelie down a long straight...he honked as I went by!

Of course, 3 miles up the road he catches me at the light in town.....he pulls up next to me and I say "That's a hell of a nice car!" He says "Thanks, that bike is pretty damn fast! I'm impressed!" I said "Thanks, but it's still no Porsche!"

He looks at me a few seconds and smiles.....then he says...."Yeah....that's true!" And with a big $hit eating grin he took off.

·
Getting Back
1,177 Posts
Ive waxed many a cars. Too many to name, probably one of everything. Now, i lost BAD to my friends supra. From a stop and a slow roll, i beat him bad, (turbo lag). But we were rolling from 65MPH, and he smoked me.
98 Supra, single T88 turbo, fully built motor, gutted inside, everything done to this car. License plate says 1000HP

And hes got the dyno sheet to prove it. 1000.3 HP at full boost. Bastard

·
Akrapovic xplane
6,024 Posts
2000750 said:
996TT back when I had my 2000 750...
I always wondered what your sn meant......:thumbup

·
Shut up and ride
427 Posts
I kick the sh** out out a red Ferrari the 1st time we ran. The 2nd time on a roll off start he was right there, I couldn't get a way from the dude. The last time he followed me to snake road and thur each turn he was there the hold time. But you could hear his tires sreaming because he was push the car to hard. After the exit on the last turn I pulled his a** by 6-7 bikes.

·
Full Throttle til you see God
516 Posts
If he has 740hp, I can guarantee 2 things. 1 he will have no traction below 65mph, and 2 he will be able to pull you from about 100mph on. Aerodynamics will take over and he should pull easily.

·
Registered
10 Posts
vs skyline gts around 550-600 hps

I WENT WITH A SKYLINE GTS( REAR WEEL DRIVE-) FROM 30 MILLES.THE NISSAN WAS AROUND 550-600 HPS(FROM WHAT I FOUND OUT LATER..)UNTIL 150 MILLES I THING HE WAS 30 METRES BEHIND.

DONT AFRAID TO GO WITH CARS BOYS FROM THAT SPEED ,EVEN WITH STOCK R1 2004 LIKE MINE..

·
Team infractions runner up.
11,107 Posts
Pariah said:
If he has 740hp, I can guarantee 2 things. 1 he will have no traction below 65mph, and 2 he will be able to pull you from about 100mph on. Aerodynamics will take over and he should pull easily.

:iamwithst And if it's 740rwhp, you won't beleive how hard he'll pull on you at 100 mph +. be prepare to look like that :eek: :eek: :scared

That's if he has traction.

·
My gixxer eats you!
2,152 Posts
McBride61 said:
:hellobye Hey guys,
I wanted to know what the fastest car that you've raced and beat or lost closely to?? I don't have any drag racing exp.
Weather permitting (im in cali) I plan to have a friendly race against my friends 740HP(dyno'd) single turbo supra.
It's a mutual thing: We want to know how well we'd do against a bike/supra. NO money, NO pride, just to see. It's a video must
and I'll post whenever we can do it.

We'll do stop, low speed roll, high speed roll. I'm not going to go that fast. I've only gone 160(indicated).

Me: Stock 05 R1 w/ Gear!!!
Him: Huge single turbo

Don't worry! We know an small abandon airport that we can do a few runs then leave.
I have a friend with a Supra that has 800 whp and he will not race unless it is 70 or 80 and up because he will just roast the tires. If you are going from a dead stop you should take him on the street, I dont know about 70 up because he moved to Colorado before I ever got the chance to race him :( I do know he raced my friends 600, I know huge difference, and my friend said around 100 when the supra passed him the car was still spinning the tires and it looked like he was sitting still. Also, this same car raced one of my friends old gixxer k3's and spanked him by about 6 car lengths by 160. Good luck though I always wanted to race him, just never got the chance :thumbup

·
R190-`Tyre Fryer`
2,683 Posts
i know there are seriously fast cars around but in my experience they dont race randomly but..

ive OBLITERATED every street car with punks that wanted to try the r1, when car drivers see how far i am ahead so soon they usually just forget about it and shut down..

but this one guy i will never forget him, i so totally HUMBLED him in front of his girl friend in the passenger seat

im just going through a corner at night and this nissan coupe comes understeering the corner overtaking me on the outside
and im like 'wah! what a knob'
and he just scorches off and i ignore him

so next lights there we are and i see its this punk showing off his car to his passenger, girl who is looking a bit unhappy to me

so he nails it again and i ignore him- i dont want to responsible for encouraging his hopeless driving

so we finally come to the last set of lights that i tolerated this
and i see the girl is looking at the bike and checking it out like people cant help.. cos its an R1 and all

and he is obviously running his mouth off how he keeps smoking this bike and whatever...

so the lights change and he nails it again.. and i cruise off and let him build up some speed... then wheelie past him and make his car likes its standing while on the rear wheel, by the time i reached for second i had dissapearing :)

bwahaha car driving punks :thumbup

·
Registered
580 Posts
earlier this summer a yellow ferrari tesstrosa a guy owns in my home town of 12,000 tried to run me (yes he thinks he is :boobies ). i am on a long straight country road when he flies past me when i am going about 120. i shifted down to 3rd and quickly brought it up to 175 passing him, and continued to 189 leaving him in my dust. at the next road he stopped beside me and proceeded to :bow to me because he thought he had the fastest ride in town.

·
Rezident Cynic
2,537 Posts
brandont454 said:
earlier this summer a yellow ferrari tesstrosa a guy owns in my home town of 12,000 tried to run me (yes he thinks he is :boobies ). i am on a long straight country road when he flies past me when i am going about 120. i shifted down to 3rd and quickly brought it up to 175 passing him, and continued to 189 leaving him in my dust. at the next road he stopped beside me and proceeded to :bow to me because he thought he had the fastest ride in town.
how old are you?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts