Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 7 Posts

· My R1 eats my gurda
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jesus, i weight 150lbs without my gear.

when i measure the sag on the rear, i get 30mm like i want, but i need to be at 9th level of preload...

that was measured with no fairings on the bike, full tank, wet and oily.

i imagine i get more then 30mm of sag with full gear and fairings.. i HATE that.. i know that sportrider.com recommends 8/9 preload, meaning its set for skinny riders!

what are your sag measurements / preload settings

thanks
david

ps: bike has 35 000km... it was beaten to death and previous owners did weight alot (fat ****s), so spring are probably tired...

· My R1 eats my gurda
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yyyeah... how i do mods on the bike: either cheap... or replace stock part when its shot :p

i just hate playing with swingarms and shocks.. never done it actualy and it looks like a pita. will wait .. and get ohlins some time

· My R1 eats my gurda
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
great for road use? i dont know but at the hardest preload, 160lbs with gear... i get a big sag. and its 35000km not miles btw.. but still.

what makes a big difference on how the shock works (what i can notice) is changing the rebound (around 30clicks? lol)

any ways i'll play with the swingarm and shock sometime.. will see if its worth changing

· My R1 eats my gurda
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well the 04-06 is pretty shitty... 160lbs and i get 35mm of sag with the preload at max.

now i want 25mm for trackdays.. gotta tighten rebound and compression instead.. not the same feeling.

AT LEAST the rear squashes when i open up in turns :p
saves me from sliding all around

1 - 6 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.