Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
The stock item is great for road use, on the track, useless, bike runs wide out of corners is the first problem you'll have.

Ohlins is serious over kill for the road.

As for adjusting the stock item, it's minimal, either hard or soft, at 35k I'd toss it, you have any idea how much suspension works so after 35k...guess it's knackered.

· Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Ok, let me put it this way, if you have the cash to spend then go for it, your choice.

Just keep in mind that the stock unit does work and the only problem/limiting factor is that it has to cover everyone from small to large:boobies so it will probally not do what you racers expect.

If you push your bike to it's chassis/suspension limit on the road then well, ever try track riding?:epimp

naa, again, you have the cash go fit a complete unit, I would however not play around with swapping springs, then you just going to overwork the damping system....do it right first time I say...:dollar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.