Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I chose the path less traveled
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll let you all be the judge of this picture......

Feel free to post your comments. So here's the history of this picture. Every 4th of July there is a parade for the city in my neighborhood. Anyhow the parade begins with the city departments such as the fire, and police leading the parade. This year the first officer decided to show off and this is what he does:

Is this fair???

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hahahahaha, its not fair but its still cool.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Skills to take somethign that heavy and keep it up. If you were in a sactioned event, like a parade, more than likely you coudl goof off a little too.

·
Life is GRAND
1,990 Posts
Well the road was probably closed off and it was a parade. Was it fair??? Hell no! next time have your bike ready and idling then jump on it quick and if he does a wheelie you do a wheelie. What do you think would happen??

·
YEEEEEEE!!!!!
1,979 Posts
LiquidR1 said:
Well the road was probably closed off and it was a parade. Was it fair??? Hell no! next time have your bike ready and idling then jump on it quick and if he does a wheelie you do a wheelie. What do you think would happen??
He'd probably get a ticket.:crash

·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so my only thoughts are this. Sure they can break the law since they ARE the law especially in a closed and sanctioned event. Did anyone notice how close the people are? He's on a two-laned residential street (not regulated by disney parade workers) with a ton of children teeming the sidewalks. Anyone else think, endagering public persons or property?

Just my $.02

·
Rotten Degenerate
1,711 Posts
Closed road during a parade...I don't see anything wrong with it. We have all kinds of crazy vehicles participating in our parades and doing things that would not normally be considered legal. Things like full blown tanks in the road, Shriners raising all kinds of hell on dune cats and the like, four wheelers everywhere. Now if you would have said that PO was on duty...different story!

·
Revelation 1:69
1,679 Posts
still impressive

·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yeah I'm sure if I remind him of that I'd be slapped with more violations just because......:2bitchsla

Oh well I understand that motor cops are just like you and me and the average rider, and I do give him props for keeping thay yacht in the air like that.

I just think that if we were to do that anywhere or even in a closed parking lot, we would get tons of grief for it :dunno ....cest la vie!

See what his influence caused???? Even the kids were starting to imitate him and his actions!

·
Still love Yami's the most
1,141 Posts
All I see is a red X

·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
try the refresh button.....it should be a picture of my niece on her tricycle wheeling!

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
well, I'm a cross trained motor cop ............................. My balls don't include wheelie courage on the R1 and they definately don't contain any Road King Courage. But if I could.......................................Ooooooohhhhh if I could..................I'd wheelie that big bastard every chance I got. ( Seriously j/k.........I'd only do it when I thought no one was lookin. )

·
Made of Star Stuff
3,956 Posts
Nothing really hypocrital about it. I just wonder how far he rode it out, getting it up is one thing, keeping it up is another.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts