Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming riding your R1 is your favourite....

Second would be riding my dirtbike (don't mind falling off that..although every year it hurts a bit more:( )

Third would be Scuba diving.

Hockey is not a sport in Canada - it's a way of life so I won't count it.:D

:bs

· 988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
I like to go hunting. There is nothing better than getting out in the woods for a day and enjoying nature at its finest !! :machinegu :machinegu :thumbup

· Registered
456 Posts
I like em' all

I've had to give up bball because of my rebuilt knee ( racing crash;) ), but I still play shortstop with the young guys on " C " teams. I still get to everything, but no longer have fence power ( rarely now:p ), and instead spray the ball around with line drives.
I've developed an interest in track and field, mainly because my daughter Nicole, who is a high School senior has blossomed into an already 2 time state 3A sprint and distance champion. She's been inducted into the Oregon Sports hall of Fame, and is in the " Who's Who of Track and Field " in the U.S.:)
You guys cannot imagine the thrill of watching your kid win a State Championship race in Front of 9500 rabid track fans at Hayward Field on the U of O campus..................... WOW!! Me????.............. I am REALLY good with stop watches and splits since I usually have 3 going at Jonah's races, so the track coaches like it when I time things for them;) I also help my wifey at her dressage shows, but I will tell you that there is VERY little adrenaline there;)

· 988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Re: shhhhhhh.......

YZF_R1_Owner01 said:
....be vwery vwery quiet....ChampionR1 is hunting wabbits....hwew hweffner bwunny wabbits?......
Hehe Whats up doc. :lol I like to blast the groundhogs !! I use the .270 Browning BAR it does a wonderful job :machinegu :machinegu Oh man I would love to bag a couple of Hefners bunnies :makeout

· Farkin' hero blobs!
1,272 Posts
I was a dedicated bodybuilder for five years until two and a half years ago when studying put a halt to that for a while. Other than that I to like to throw my 30. cal. heavy barrel scoped rifle on my back and hunt some dear. And I love the out doors. :machinegu

· Slideways.
120 Posts
Well actually my real hobby is cars... racing cars... but since im only 21 and a college student there is no way i could afford that. So i got a bike!!! :D A lot faster... cheaper to fix up... a lot more dangerous... but definitely the coolest looking on the deck downs... :cool:

· pegs & sliders scrapin'
118 Posts
I liked the 'two wheels, three wheels, fours wheels...' that was good.

I am gona sound like a right sad arse now anyway, here goes:

1>R1;
I use this for work (whilst in the UK as I travell around Europe 2-3 days a week(winter too))
2> Football;
or, soccer to you yanks, as you adopted this name for a sport that clearly has very little kicking of the ball.
3> Computers;

I have an 6 (yes 6) machine network in my house with adsl, all the machines (accept the laptops) were built by me including the network

4> Radio Ham;

Shit, I sound like an old fogie now, been into CB's for years and years, got an amatuer licence some twelve years ago.

I have a BMW m3 convertible (EVO, 321BHP) too, which comes out on sunny days however, none of the above compares even remotley to the thrill of an R1, with Ohlins suspension and sticky tyres (Dunlop 207 GP's) on a track. Totally awsome!
:thumbup :thumbup :iamwithst :no :eek:

· Registered
363 Posts
JJman said:
1>R1;
2> Football;
3> Computers;
4> Radio Ham;
I have a BMW m3 convertible (EVO, 321BHP) too,
however, none of the above compares even remotley to the thrill of an R1, on a track. Totally awsome!
JJman, we have similar tastes. #1 goes without saying. ;) I developed a love for football when I lived in Scotland (small northern suburb of England). I played until my body couldn't take the punishment any longer. I built my own systems and network (satellite, no DSL available). I had a CB until they dropped in popularity in the States. I drive a '97 M3 (E36) hard top. That's loads of fun when you can't wear leathers! ;) And I can't wait to get back on the track! :thumbup :thumbup

· There can be only One
247 Posts
I love to shoot guns- glocks, shot guns, rifles.

When we go hunting here in the caribbean we shoot monkies. Crafty little buggers, bet we have more fun shooting monkies than you guys do shooting dear and ground hogs muhahaha :rock

I still lift weights, and do a few other things.... play pool sometimes etc..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.