Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys,
I started a thread awhile back about a dog my neighbor gave me... she said he was 6 weeks old and a Rat Terrier. The thing that threw me off was that the little guy looked nothing like a Rat Terrier and hes a brindle w/ blue eyes! Now Im trying to figure out what he is... Ive taked him in for his first shots and the Vet says hes got a lot of Pit Bull in him...

When I first got him, he weighed 8 lbs and was about 6in tall at the shoulders. Real chubby, long tail, rounded forehead, and floppy ears. The first two weeks I had him, he didnt gain a pound and didnt change much in build. (looked IDENTICAL to the first pic)

NOW, over the past week or so, he has gained 4 lbs and grew to almost 11 inches at the shoulders! He really doesnt resemble a Pit (except for the brindle stripes) b/c he still has the round head and narrow rear. His chest and front legs have gotten HUGE however... then again, Im not very familiar with Pit Bulls, hence the thread

my digital camera got stolen so I had to search the web to find decent pics... these arent him but the first one lookes like him the day I got him. And, the last two are almost identical (95%) to the way he looks now

If anyone has a Pit, or is familiar with them, please give me some opinions... Im new to puppys so I dont know what to expect... will his head get bigger? when does he start barking like a real dog? how long before he stops getting taller, and starts getting muscular? when should I get his ears cropped? are there any other ways to tell if he is a Pit or not??

THANKS

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is pretty similar to the way he looks like now

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
"bertr1" said:
nice dog and pink floors
wonder if it was taken in cyberena's bathroom with the pinktoilet

ps, dog looks like a pit/mix

the color is called a Brendal (sp)

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hes got an appointment with a Vet who breeds Pits so we'll see what he thinks... thanks for all the help guys

·
Trespassers will be Tortured!!
658 Posts
I just picked up puppy that looks very similar to yours. We were told it was a Boxer but the Vet we took it to the other day said it was more pittbull than anything. Brindle color is common for pit bulls, rare for Boxers. Going by the pictures, it looks like a pitbull with some Lab or Rot. in it. The ears looked a little floppy. Why do you want to crop the ears? no need to, people just do it for looks. It the same thing as cutting the tail off of a Rot. or Boxer. No need, people just do.

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
1,238 Posts
Looks like a pit mix to me. You should get their ears cropped between 10-12 weeks.

·
Banned
216 Posts
My doggy is pitbull mixed with lab too and he looks like this:

Your dog definitely has pitbull in him because the fur pattern is almost identical to a purebred pit.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts