Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of antifreeze are you guys using? Can you run automotive (like Peak from AutoZone) that have already been diluted so they are ready for use? Thanx for any help...J

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
Yes, you can. Just make sure you use antifreeze that is rated safe for aluminum engines. Honda has an antifreeze premix that is safe to use in your bike.

·
When U see God, then slow down
127 Posts
I just switched to engine ice, and i have to say i'm impressed. I ride an 04 and everyone knows they heat up really quickly especially in a warm climate like california. Engine ice comes pre-mixed and claims that in can reduced your temp by up to 50 degrees. realistically though on the r1 i have noticed maybe a 10-15 degree difference. Its enough to keep my ass comfortable and the cooling fans from kicking on. Not for track use though, still a glycol base.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ATCR1 said:
I just switched to engine ice, and i have to say i'm impressed. I ride an 04 and everyone knows they heat up really quickly especially in a warm climate like california. Engine ice comes pre-mixed and claims that in can reduced your temp by up to 50 degrees. realistically though on the r1 i have noticed maybe a 10-15 degree difference. Its enough to keep my ass comfortable and the cooling fans from kicking on. Not for track use though, still a glycol base.

Yeah I use the engine ice in my "pretty bike" the 04 gixxer 1000. I refuse to use that $20 a galoon stuff in a stuntbike though, when I have hardly seen an impressive difference in my gixxer. They claim it works, but I'm not quite sold as to run it in all my bikes yet.

·
Do I really need a title
1,034 Posts
where do you find engine ice?

·
member of the lunatic fringe
1,409 Posts
ATCR1 said:
I use engine ice and the track club @ Button Willow will allow it.

·
12,213 Posts

·
12,213 Posts
crazyclimbr said:
I use engine ice and the track club @ Button Willow will allow it.
MTC also allows it at Willow Springs. Come to think of it, why have I never seen you there? Hmmm....

Getting ready to leave the house for back to back track days today and tomorrow. Time for you to call in sick on Wednesday and get down here! :sneaky

·
Moderator - In Memorium
24,167 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts