Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going shopping this weekend for a new helmet for my Blue 04 R1 (which hasn't come in yet). Just wondering what lids were purchased with their 04 R1.

·
Registered
80 Posts
a couple of my friends bought The Shoe X11 The daijor in blue and the ukawa in blue too, those helmets are bad ass

·
`I'm afraid to wash my hair.`
175 Posts
My silver '04 is still on order, but I already chose a Shoei RF-1000 in metallic black as my new helmet. I tried several models on for size at a local shop and loved the fit and look of the RF-1000. I purchased online through kneedraggers.com – the price was great, and delivery is happening quickly.

Attachments

·
WTF!
510 Posts
I didn't know getting a new bike meant you had to get a new helmet too?:dunno

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my last bike was red so I definitely need new helmet. The helmet has got to match the bike. That goes without saying. :p

The Daijiro and Ukawa are very hot looking helmets. Thanks o3slvr1.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got a Shoei RF-900 blade style in red to match the new red r1. Nice and comfy, great discount price now that the RF-1000's have been released.

·
WTF!
510 Posts
mrheavydee95 said:
Well my last bike was red so I definitely need new helmet. The helmet has got to match the bike. That goes without saying. :p
What if you have two bikes; two helmets? Shell out $700-$500 just to match your bike. Don't forget the purse :p :crash I am getting the red R1 and this is my helmet:

Attachments

·
WTF!
510 Posts
Me ->:2bitchsla I do have two helmets. I still wear they Arai most, but this one is my commuter helmet and is great for the winter. The inside seals up like no other and stays warm. The Arai is lighter and more vented, but if I am going for a trip the Schuberth is the way to go. The built in sunvisor :rock . It works with the slide of a button. AND if you have to sneeze just flip up the front. But:cryin it won't match my new bike either

Attachments

·
_
82 Posts
i got the shoei RF-1000 voltage for my silver 04. very light, and comfortable.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bluepelican31 said:
What if you have two bikes; two helmets? Shell out $700-$500 just to match your bike. Don't forget the purse :p :crash I am getting the red R1 and this is my helmet:
Well if the bikes are the same color than all you need is one. But if they're different colors than yeah, 2 helmets. You don't want to be riding a hot Red R1 with a blue helmet. Everyone that sees you riding it is going to think that its not yours and you swapped bikes with your buddy for the day.

I want people to know that this is my R1 not my buddies. :cool:
Thats just what I think!!

·
Cray mofo
917 Posts
I picked this helmet up to go with my '04 Silver...also bought the silver mirrored shield to go with it...not one of the most expensive helmets, but it looks good!! :rock

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Arai quantum f. Mines a couple years old but its the Haga rep in blue and matches the bike perfectly!

·
Thriller
3,610 Posts
Shoei X-11 Norick, I dig it so far. Now I just need the bike

·
PEZ RULE!!
99 Posts
Bluepelican31 said:
I personally think that a blue helmet with a red bike will look pretty stupid, but that's my opinion.

It's the same as wearing a Nike shirt with ADIDAS shoes......ya just shouldn't do it.

Here's my new gear that I got for my new Red R1. The helmet is a Z-two and I got it from Tonker.com (the best price I could find). I got the bike and the gear, now we just need the weather.

Attachments

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
Personally, I don't think helmet have to match... :yesnod

But if you really want something to match the Blue R1, then how about this one... :thumbup

:jump

Attachments

1 - 20 of 150 Posts