Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Which Service were you or are a member of?

• Total voters
701 - 720 of 727 Posts

·
RLTW!
819 Posts
What's up rangers?

·
Twisty Roads for me!
856 Posts
Navy Veteran here!!! From 1994-2003

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts

·
Twisty Roads for me!
856 Posts
I was an IT1(SW) and I was stationed on the USS Ashland LSD-48, USS Whidbey Island LSD-41, USS Lake Champlain CG-57, and shore duty in NWS Indian Head MD.

Lamoore is ... um... Lamoore :lol

Hospital Corpsman or FMF?

What ship or station, sailor?

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
I'd like to say neither hospital corpsman or FMF. I fly in the back of the H-60 doing search and rescue.
Nice! I wasn't familiar with the 8401 designation. Spent all my time around the Marine Corps so most I've met were 8404.

I was an IT1(SW) and I was stationed on the USS Ashland LSD-48, USS Whidbey Island LSD-41, USS Lake Champlain CG-57, and shore duty in NWS Indian Head MD.
Very cool. We used to have people in Indian Head and I would go there yearly. Not too sure it's much different than it was.

·
Registered
247 Posts
A lot of FMF corpsman rub me the wrong way. Most were either MAG or MLG but want to act like they were infantry and actually did something. Everybody has a role, and I'm not disrespecting that, I just can't stand when people act like something they werent to seem cool.

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
A lot of FMF corpsman rub me the wrong way. Most were either MAG or MLG but want to act like they were infantry and actually did something. Everybody has a role, and I'm not disrespecting that, I just can't stand when people act like something they werent to seem cool.
I can understand that completely. I work on the base where Field Med School is. I get to see them frequently. And over the years of having them in my units, I've seen the attitude first hand.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can understand that completely. I work on the base where Field Med School is. I get to see them frequently. And over the years of having them in my units, I've seen the attitude first hand.
Well if the Navy decides to keep me in, then I just might be heading that way. I'm coming up on HYT, but apparently they are throwing waivers around left and right so there is no telling right now.

That attitude is ridiculous in my opinion. I'm all for having pride in what you do, but 80% of the FMF Corpsman will never see any kind of combat. The ones that do, you would never even know they did.

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
Well if the Navy decides to keep me in, then I just might be heading that way. I'm coming up on HYT, but apparently they are throwing waivers around left and right so there is no telling right now.

That attitude is ridiculous in my opinion. I'm all for having pride in what you do, but 80% of the FMF Corpsman will never see any kind of combat. The ones that do, you would never even know they did.
Let me know if you're in the area.

·
Roadclosed racing Instructor
737 Posts
US Army.
Minnesota National Guard. 02-Current. Started as a 92A in 02. Switched to 25B in 09 right before deployment to Iraq. Just finished School for 25D. First and only one in the state of Minnesota right now. SSG sitting in a MSG slot waiting out school and time in grade. (need SLC for SFC)

·
One Liter Duck Eater
230 Posts
I joined the Marine Corps out of high school, got injured, and came back home. Waited about a year to fully heel up, and joined the military again. Just went a different route.

Army 51M/21M 1998-2005

Loved every bit of it.

701 - 720 of 727 Posts
About this Discussion
726 Replies
215 Participants
molochnik
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing