Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2021 - 2040 of 2070 Posts

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
10,737 Posts
Best movies I’ve seen in 2018 are:

“A Simple Favor” - 9/10 (This movies is a damn good chick flick.)

“Blindspotting” - 10/10

I’m usually into action and horror movies but they are all sucking these days. The movies above really took me by surprise.

·
Save a life, grope your wife!
1,482 Posts
Alita: Battle Angel (2019) 7/10

Great special effects, but the story line isn't much better than the original manga series or any other anime, if you're a fan of those. But my wife and I saw it and we both enjoyed it. Some bad language earned it a PG-13 rating.

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,466 Posts
Alita: Battle Angel (2019) 7/10

Great special effects, but the story line isn't much better than the original manga series or any other anime, if you're a fan of those. But my wife and I saw it and we both enjoyed it. Some bad language earned it a PG-13 rating.
7/10 from me as well. Very good visuals, indeed. As far as "live action" adaptations of anime are concerned, it's the best.

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,395 Posts
Glass 8/10
pretty good film

·
Save a life, grope your wife!
1,482 Posts
Recently had a date night at home with the better half and watched a double feature.

Bohemian Rhapsody: 10/10. Superb movie. Rami Malek's nailed it in his performance of Freddie Mercury. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. Great, great movie.

A Star is Born: 10/10. Another great movie, and this is the 4th time it's been done, which is a fact I didn't know before watching this. I remember seeing the '76 version with Kristofferson and Streisand, and I think this one is better. Cooper and Gaga make a great pairing.

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,466 Posts
The Predator (2018) - 5/10

Oof. Like any movie with Predator, there are at least some parts that are cool. The plot just took too many turns that were just facepalm-inducing.

We're never topping the original.

(Hawkins AKA Shane Black who DIRECTED this latest mess)

·
wanna B on the Track
1,038 Posts
5/10 ?? From what I've heard you are being generous ... hahaha. I may watch it anyway. Just to watch predator stuff. Thanks

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,466 Posts
5/10 ?? From what I've heard you are being generous ... hahaha. I may watch it anyway. Just to watch predator stuff. Thanks
Well...this time there's a Predator...that's bigger than normal, so strap yourself in!!! :lol

edit: BTW, best Predator movie IMO that isn't the original "Predator" is Predators. It felt the most like the first one and is probably more redeemable.

·
Venom X/O
23,218 Posts
Got around to watching EndGame.

I’ll go 7.5/10. Infinity War was better. To much fan service in EndGame, plus so many pointless characters. Also I tried to love the ending, but it left lots to be desired. At least in infinity war you got a jaw dropping ending and a need for more.

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,395 Posts

Attachments

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,466 Posts
Got around to watching EndGame.

I’ll go 7.5/10. Infinity War was better. To much fan service in EndGame, plus so many pointless characters. Also I tried to love the ending, but it left lots to be desired. At least in infinity war you got a jaw dropping ending and a need for more.
I'm going 6/10, more or less my same feeling as Infinity War. Some of it was fun. Their time travel explanation made absolutely zero sense, and they blatantly screwed up their own explanation of it :lol

(Also, don't take shots at movies that are better than the one you're in, like...Back to the Future.)

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,466 Posts
Godzilla: King of the Monsters - 7.5/10

There's a lot more monster action in this one than the 2014 movie, which is a welcome addition in my book. There are a couple human characters who probably shouldn't even be in the movie, as most of their lines are pointless/stupid/cheesy/etc. Luckily it doesn't detract too much from the sheer spectacle. In terms of atmosphere, this is the best-looking movie I've seen since Blade Runner 2049. The soundtrack is also good.

2021 - 2040 of 2070 Posts
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
234 Participants
dazza45
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing