21 - 40 of 2070 Posts

·
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
22,029 Posts
:lol

·
Take the red pill
6,794 Posts
I watched 300 films a year on average. Mostly independent art house stuff but some of the megaplex booshit. (Don't watch commercial television at all).

Django Unchained, 10 out of 10. Samuel L. Jackson had me falling out of the chair during his first scene. I thought I was going to get called a racist for laughing so hard since the film is about slavery. He was the main house slave in charge of all the other slaves and he did not like Django or the fact that he was free. Tarentino has still got it.

Dredd 6/10 I thought this would be absolute crap but it was actually pretty entertaining and I finished it impressed. It only gets 6/10 because I'm a fvcking film critic. For an action movie it was damn good. No bs plot or tons of character development, just straight action. Heaps better than the Sylvester Stallone version. Lots of shooting, lots of blood and guts (multiple scenes where you actually see heads exploding, or bad guys impacting the pavement from 50 stories). Highly recommend for a rental you'll enjoy it.

Abritrage 7/10 Good mystery/contemporary drama. About a financial guru who has scammed, has a mistress that dies unexpectedly and he is involved. Richard Gere at his best.

·
boomer sooner
728 Posts
Dredd 8/10- Damn good I thought. A shooting gorefest.

Abritrage 7.5/10- I liked it. Good drama

Jack Reacher 5/10- No idea this was a "who done it" type flick. Guess I shoulda read the book. I was bored silly. Wife liked it whole bunch more than me.

Savages 6/10- Had its moments. Del Toro was good.

·
Owner of the color changing R1
16,563 Posts
I didn't find Ted all that funny...but I'm not a big Family Guy fan either. (And I can't smoke weed! :lol)

And I thought Looper was really good, despite being messy as fvck! I just read tonight that the same director did Inception...which was along exactly the same lines...a wicked story but a messy movie. IMO. :)
i agree. Ted was way too overrated. it had a few funny moments but that was it.
it was family guy "grown up" it was just Stewie and his teddy bear as adults

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I watched 300 films a year on average.
Jesus, I probably watch 1 film a month, at most. Sitting in front of a screen all day at work, last thing I want to do in my spare time is stare at a screen.

Last film I saw, Lincoln. 6/10. Great performance by Daniel Day-Lewis, but it was too long, boring, and nowhere near historically accurate. If they were going to take so many liberties with the story, at least they could have made it interesting.

·
Take the red pill
6,794 Posts
Jesus, I probably watch 1 film a month, at most. Sitting in front of a screen all day at work, last thing I want to do in my spare time is stare at a screen.
Well keep in mind I do not watch commercial television. If it has commercials in it I just don't watch it. I don't watch football, no FOX/NBC/ABC, no reality tv booshit at all, on any station. The only thing during the entire year I DVR on those stations is the Victoria Secrets runway show during the fall. I watch 60 minutes every week but watch it online. That's how 300 films a year. I really don't watch anything else but MotoGP and WSBK.

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,763 Posts
What are you watching, and what did it score out of 10?
Scores out of 10 please people...
I didn't find Ted all that funny...but I'm not a big Family Guy fan either. (And I can't smoke weed! :lol)

And I thought Looper was really good, despite being messy as fvck! I just read tonight that the same director did Inception...which was along exactly the same lines...a wicked story but a messy movie. IMO. :)
Ahem...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Well keep in mind I do not watch commercial television. If it has commercials in it I just don't watch it. I don't watch football, no FOX/NBC/ABC, no reality tv booshit at all, on any station. The only thing during the entire year I DVR on those stations is the Victoria Secrets runway show during the fall. I watch 60 minutes every week but watch it online. That's how 300 films a year. I really don't watch anything else but MotoGP and WSBK.
I'm with you. Don't own a TV, never have. Outside of work, I might get 4-6hrs a month of screen time which is usually hanging out at the GF's house.

·
:-)
9,482 Posts
Ted is the only movie I've seen recently, and I fell asleep. Some raunch is good, but the whole movie? :sleepy:

·
A Biche & a Muddafvcka!
1,831 Posts
Let me guess..........you gave Magic Mike a 10/10?
:lol my female made me watch it with the her and i do say i laughed quite a bit, it wasn't to bad minus the half naked dudes...8/10

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just watched Wrecked, about a dude (Adrian Brody) who comes to in a crashed car in a forest, and tries to piece together how he got there. Great movie...tense and really well acted. 8/10

·
Super Moderator
45,315 Posts
:lol my female made me watch it with the her and i do say i laughed quite a bit, it wasn't to bad minus the half naked dudes...8/10

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I guess the mere mention of Magic Mike has left BrnEyzR1 flush, and unable to control herself to compose and physically type out a reply. She must have REALLLY liked that movie. Poor Andy probably didn't even know what hit him last night. :lol

·
:-)
9,482 Posts
ha ha I haven't seen it.

I'd love to see Texas Chainsaw 3D.....

hey, we could reenact it! C'mere! :saw:

:D

21 - 40 of 2070 Posts
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
234 Participants
dazza45
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing