Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Left 4 Dead
2,510 Posts
I use Motul full synthetic immediatley after break-in (600 miles).

I have heard that Mobile 1 synthetic is the best.

· pavement tester....
7,317 Posts
Mobil 1 Synthetic now. In the 16,000 miles I've put on my bike I've tried everything from Yamalube to Castrol to Quaker State, penzoil etc etc...

· L8R2U
21,430 Posts
Motul:thumbup

· Action figure sold separately
12,868 Posts
Amsoil 10w40 HP synth motorcycle oil. I will use a nonsynth 10w30 in the 04 until it's broken in, and then switch to the Amsoil. I've been using it for many years, long before the Sport Rider oil test article that found very much in favor of Amsoil, I have one of those dealer status arrangements.

· Slow your roll
84 Posts
I personally prefer Amsoil and their filters, but am currently using MOTUL.

I've used Amsoil in all of my vehicles over the last several years with no problems. It's also cheaper than the MOTUL Full Synth's.

· Slow your roll
84 Posts
Hey 02R1guy,

How you diggin' that Scott's Filter? I came soooo close to picking one up my last oil change, but had some reservations about the particle size filtration as compared to other filters (Amsoil, K&N).

· pavement tester....
7,317 Posts
yea, mine still runs great too. Besides the syntec oil, I've always used fram filters or lately some ones I got from autozone. I forgot the name but oh well...

· For the Love of.........Riding
6,699 Posts
Cameron Watts said:
I guess I'm the only one that uses BelRay fully synthetic superbike oil. 5w60. Partial to BelRay. Have been using it since I was a kid, never blew a motor yet.:thumbup

On my old Yamaha Blaster and 99 Yzf600r I always used Bel-Ray. Bel-Ray superbike oil was great in my 600 but it didn't do so great in the comparo. After reading the oil comparo I'm using Mobil 1 in my bikes for as often as I change the oil.

· Track Junkie
4,773 Posts
Mobile 1 here.:hellobye

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.