Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Doing my first Oil change on the bike. (500 Miles in) whats the best oil everyone is using nowadays. Without paying for a name more than a product of course.

Not to be a pain for the question either. Of course I did a search. Nothing really came out as a clear winner, and I know Oil is the most important part to keeping the motor right. Plus I hear alot about using synthetic to soon.

· Administrator
27,561 Posts
I ran factory dino oil till about 1500 miles then I switched to Mobil 1 4T.. Only thing I don't like is that the shifter feels notchy. I wonder if a better quality oil would help/fix that. Idk..
Better quality than Mobil 1 4T? Is there such a thing... I've ran mobil 1 full synthetic in all of my bikes and vehicles. Never 1 problem.

And yes, everyone has an opinion on what is best oil and it's all BS... because Mobil 1 is THE best. :yesnod

· Hope is what makes us Human.
8,565 Posts
Better quality than Mobil 1 4T? Is there such a thing... I've ran mobil 1 full synthetic in all of my bikes and vehicles. Never 1 problem.

And yes, everyone has an opinion on what is best oil and it's all BS... because Mobil 1 is THE best. :yesnod
:yesnod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.