Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question on preesure on tyres. We werer talkin yesterday aout tyre pressure and I was wondering what the average was?

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran 32/34 front adn 38/39/40 rear - depending on heat and road. But now cuz I got touring tyres I run 32 front 34 back.

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
32-35 is average recommended :)
for track use it might vary

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
Depends on brand and type!

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
i run 29-30 in front and 31-32 in rear for my supercorsa's on the street.

·
your mom looks hot
121 Posts
errr. y'all got it backwards. street should be 34 front and a pound or two LESS in the rear.
===
track is 31 front 30 rear for DOTS.

30 front 28 rear for slicks.

MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS CHECK PRESSURES WHILE TIRE IS COMPLETELY COLD!!!
even a few miles of riding will put heat in the tires and give you an incorrect reading.

unless you have your bizzitch on the back, you don't ride with more pressure in the rear.

AFM #774:2bitchsla

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
fastdiablo said:
errr. y'all got it backwards. street should be 34 front and a pound or two LESS in the rear.
===
track is 31 front 30 rear for DOTS.

30 front 28 rear for slicks.

MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS CHECK PRESSURES WHILE TIRE IS COMPLETELY COLD!!!
even a few miles of riding will put heat in the tires and give you an incorrect reading.

unless you have your bizzitch on the back, you don't ride with more pressure in the rear.

AFM #774:2bitchsla
Since i weigh as much as two people, that is why i do it, and i use the temperature to guage what pressure to run.
So take that :2bitchsla

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
skyshot44 said:
What about the Yamaha recommended 36/36 or 36/42 for high speed or two up riding...
Good point. Also don't forget this:

Seasonal changes or altitude changes create a rise or drop in air pressure (for every 10 degrees change in temperature, tire air pressures changes 1 psi.) (If I rememeber correctly)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thru many many hours of riding and testing on different bikes and tires (over the years) my general pressures are 38lbs front, 40lbs rear. Course I workout some and weigh 225lbs...so that works great for me.

I may vary it some depending on conditions and so forth. Those are my standard, do it all, ride anytime pressures.

Tarl

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,747 Posts
36 front / 36 rear

:crash

1 - 17 of 17 Posts