Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what size the nut is on the front sprocket. It is bigger than a 32mm because that is what came with the bike tool kit and is too small. I am thinking a 34 or 35mm, but just want to make sure. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: What size is the front sprocket nut??

r1-superstar said:
36mm, I just changed my countershaft sprocket today to a 16 t
Hey Superstar, how do you like it. I will finish doing my tommorrow, because I don't have a 36mm and have to wait until tommorrow to pick one up. But how do you like it. Good, Bad?? It is a freaken hassle to get that dang cover off. I had to take off my rear set, so I could get that damn shifter rod out of the way, for that one stupid allan screw..

· Banned
9,609 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What size is the front sprocket nut??

On2Wheels said:
Hey Superstar, how do you like it. I will finish doing my tommorrow, because I don't have a 36mm and have to wait until tommorrow to pick one up. But how do you like it. Good, Bad?? It is a freaken hassle to get that dang cover off. I had to take off my rear set, so I could get that damn shifter rod out of the way, for that one stupid allan screw..
The whole process took me about 15 minutes. There is no need for a socket if you don't have it. The nut was not tight at all (should have been though), and all I did was put her in first gear. You can use a crecent wrench if you have one big enough.

Yeah, the big pain was having to take off the footpeg bracket and shift assembly.

I have not rode it yet, tomorrow for sure. I know it will help with the starting/riding the clutch.

P.S. My '02 R1 required the use of a heavy duty impact gun.:eek:

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: What size is the front sprocket nut??

r1-superstar said:
The whole process took me about 15 minutes. There is no need for a socket if you don't have it. The nut was not tight at all (should have been though), and all I did was put her in first gear. You can use a crecent wrench if you have one big enough.

Yeah, the big pain was having to take off the footpeg bracket and shift assembly.

I have not rode it yet, tomorrow for sure. I know it will help with the starting/riding the clutch.

P.S. My '02 R1 required the use of a heavy duty impact gun.:eek:
Right on. I will definatly be taking mine out tommorrow also. I probally still want to get a socket, so when I put it back together I can put it on tighter.

· Formley known as slutty
5,189 Posts
On2Wheels said:
:lol :finger Thanks for the help.

What you dont like my sugestion...heheh

If you look just above my sig it does say 36 MM .

SOOOO:finger :finger :finger Right back at ya.:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.