Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
34 or 36 then? If I was at home, I'd just have a look....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Damn.

I just wonder why 32mm is included in my R1 toolkit...

And I just can't find a 36mm wrench here where I live, damnit

Guys just a question,

Do you use a socket type wrench or adjustable wrench?

I'm looking for a socket type, I don't want the adjustable ones eating the metal on the nut. From my experience, the adjustable wrenches do that.

·
The Original One
2,290 Posts
Damn.

I just wonder why 32mm is included in my R1 toolkit...

And I just can't find a 35mm wrench here where I live, damnit

Guys just a question,

Do you use a socket type wrench or adjustable wrench?

I'm looking for a socket type, I don't want the adjustable ones eating the metal on the nut. From my experience, the adjustable wrenches do that.
The 32mm is for the rear wheel nut. Personally I would wait until you can get a 36mm socket, as you say adjustable wrenches aren't the best. I bought one especially and have only used it the once!.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
If you're more than likely only going to use the 36mm socket once and are having trouble finding one, drop by your local car workshops. They'll either lend you one or 'hire' you one if you smile sweetly I'm betting :)

·
menace II society
188 Posts
Hey Gerald, I'm assuming this is to remove the nut on the top to install the Scotts kit, right? I hope it got there in satisfactory condition.

Anyhow, a suggestion for your problem: sometimes if I have a nut/bolt stuck, I'll just go hit up some auto mechanic garage, and usually one of the guys will be willing to help for a minute. Just have them remove the old one, torque on the new one, and off you go. You could even drop them a 6 pack of beer for their trouble.

*edit* marcaztls hit it right on the money.

·
The Original One
2,290 Posts
I dunno if it was just the crappy socket I bought but I was able to wrap a couple of turns of insulating tape round both the original nut and the replacement alloy Harris one for added protection of the nuts.

You gotta protect your nuts.:scared

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,441 Posts
this nut is closed pretty tight, dont use an adjustible wrench on it ,u'll ruin the nut.

·
R1 4 MAL
380 Posts
Adjustables should be banned!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.