Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the cost of Gas in the US at the mo?. In the uk its taking the p***. It would work out to around $9.00 a gallon, would you guys pay that or would there be big demo`s:saw:
I would add that we have the highest tax on fuel in europe too!. Don`t you just love the government!!!!!:butt

·
"It was me!!!"
3,072 Posts
I paid $305 a US gallon yesterday, they say it might get to $5.00 al gallon..

at that point I'm going to start brewing it myself in the backyard.

·
SO FAST SO CLEAN
9,698 Posts
The US economy isn't setup for $3 a gallon much less $5 per gallon. In the UK, 80% of the cost of your fuel is taxes, and that's not the case in the US. The are saying gas will hit $4 per gallon now, which will put the US into a recession at the very least. The high price of fuel is all speculation, meaning there is no other reason for high fuel prices other than traders trying to drain your wallet. I guess we all need to get hybrids now in order to combat the high cost of fuel. That day is coming.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Paying $3.56 for premium here in Cali seems this state pays the most for gas, thats why most cars in the UK are small and so is the engines. Taxes are so high because of welfare plus paying for the royals lol

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I paid $305 a US gallon yesterday, they say it might get to $5.00 al gallon..

at that point I'm going to start brewing it myself in the backyard.
Thats what it is here.

·
-.-- .- -- .- .... .-
3,305 Posts
Filled up the bike yesterday, 3.24 for 93 in Pensacola.
9 bucks for a gallon would suck! They would have to sell it by the quart, so it wouldn't seem so bad.

·
Ride Safe Mofos, I mean it.
1,957 Posts
You guys are wasting your money for the queen on taxes, instead you should revolt and dump the queen. Create a new government and steal the oil like the U.S. does.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
This time last year it was $1.91!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Paying $3.56 for premium here in Cali seems this state pays the most for gas, thats why most cars in the UK are small and so is the engines. Taxes are so high because of welfare plus paying for the royals lol
Like your style bro!! and you could be right! as one of the dudes said we have small cars in the uk. But i have an 89 GTA Trans-Am so costs me always:flex: . Thinking of looking for a job in US or Canada seems better to me:bash

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Paying just under $3.50 in SW Florida. Prices are rising so fast I can't keep track. The bike is the least expensive mode of transportation I own and I'm debating dumping my daily driver Evo for a Honda Civic! Yeah, it's that bad and it's only going to get worse.

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
87 octane as of today was $3.13 in South Central Florida.

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
The high price of fuel is all speculation, meaning there is no other reason for high fuel prices other than traders trying to drain your wallet..

My goodness why is it sooooo damned hard to get people to see this? It's nothing more than speculation and they don't even try to hide it.

They "predict" that people will need more fuel for a season so they make bets. They never lose so they simply speculate another price and come up with a reason for the speculation. Prior to Katrina prices were half what they are now. Then they bumped the prices up in anticipation of the storm. After the storm they bumped them in anticipation of shortage. Then they bumped them again in anticipation of...........................( insert good reason to make some more money here. ) The funniest part is that they price never goes down to the prior level and the speculation is always speculation.

The same thing happened with housing being bought by flippers and loans financed by non financial entity's looking to make a quick buck. It's easy money in the beginning but in the end somebody is gonna be stuck holding a bag of crap.

The question these people need to be asking is "At what price profit?" What good will it do to be a gazillionaire if the gazillion that you have is in Lira and not gold.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.