Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
If my R6 had boobs,I'd lick'em
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I'm looking around at bikes and have been looking at the Honda F4. I go to check out an insurance qoute at www.progressive.com and they qoute me for $6296.00 !!!!

Bodily Injury / Property Damage 20/40/15 (in thousands) $581.00

Uninsured / Underinsured Motorists Bodily Injury 20/40 (in thousands) $568.00

Uninsured / Underinsured Motorists Property Damage 15 ($250 Deductible) (in thousands) $81.00

Medical Payments No coverage $0.00

Personal Injury Protection No coverage $0.00

Comprehensive $500 deductible $1174.00

Collision $500 deductible $3891.00

Towing and Labor No coverage $0.00

Anti-Theft Fee-(required by state) $1.00

What the ****? This is only a 600cc bike, I haven't had any wrecks and zero tickets on my record. Is the electronic qoute fubar'ed or something? This is a rip off!

·
Dis Microphone Explodes
3,064 Posts
somethings wrong my friend...

that looks like a quote that you would get if you crashed your bike three times in one season and made claims each time, then tried to reinsure the bike the following year with the same company :lol

call around tomorrow and you will find MUCH lower rates :)

·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yea, will be taking that MSF course, if I can find one to take in the Dallas area. Does that lower insurance at all?

·
Dis Microphone Explodes
3,064 Posts
the fact that you are 18 does not change anything. you still have a clean record and 6000 bucks is virtually unheard of unless you were trying to insure an R1 or a Busa...

shop around tomorrow...

·
YZF-R1 Yamaha
291 Posts
Go to a State farm office and sit down with a agent. Go with a 1000 deductible.

By doing that quote online, they have your info. You are now owned. {Please tell me you didn't give them your real name}

·
clutch it up!!!
27,445 Posts
<---from progressive I have a quote of $9180 a year for my R1...i am 25 and have 7 moving violations in the last 2 years...

lilr! got a quote for something like 23 grand...

But his license has been suspended before!

·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5-spoke said:
By doing that quote online, they have your info. You are now owned. {Please tell me you didn't give them your real name}

Real name, real ssn number, lol ah well.

Another question, telling them that you drive it daily to and from work/school or for pleasure purposes effect anything?

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
They also go by credit. I had a buddy get a 7k quote from progressive on a ZX9. ( and they were serious. )

·
YZF-R1 Yamaha
291 Posts
killershroomr6 said:
Oh yea, will be taking that MSF course, if I can find one to take in the Dallas area. Does that lower insurance at all?
Not for State Farm ... don't waist your money.

·
Registered
282 Posts
MOVE TO FLORIDA, THE STATE THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE.. BECAUSE CHANCES ARE, YOU WILL KILL YOURSELF ANYWAYS BECAUSE OF HOW BAD THE DRIVERS ARE DOWN HERE... lol

·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol, even if I had a choice, I'd have insurance. ;)

Not good to know though since I will be driving down there this Spring Break :no :crash

·
my 1 and only 1
145 Posts
insurance

Dude I had a similar problem when getting my R1. I was quoted 3K w/ $1000 deductible. I shopped around(HINT)!

I ended up calling State Farm, and got a dual vehicle policy. I had to change my car over and put the R1 on the same plan. I pay $158 for a Pontiac Grand AM and and 02 R1.

stipulation: car is a 95 and I have a clean record(or so I think). Also tell them you took the motorcycle saftey class.

Good Luck man!

·
WTF!
510 Posts
I go to Farm Bureau insurance. I totalled my 02 R1 after 7,500 miles and 7 months. I am 22, MSF course, good grades at the university, and no official moving violations (being a cops son has some perks:boobies ). My fz1 now, is like $700, my r1 was maybe $1000? My r6 was $432, and my raptor atv is 83 dollars a year; that even covers me totallying it on a jump or tree. My truck is like $1,200. The cuda is $180 (that one might be under my dad's name still).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts