Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· I'm ok with my R1 eating me
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted this question/picture in some of my motorcycle groups on Facebook. I received a variety of colorful responses. I was just curious to know what you all would do if you were driving by and saw this.

I forgot to add, it was extremely windy that day. The wind literally knocked them over. Of course this would have never happened to an R1 and then again an R1 owner wouldn't leave his/her bike out like this either. LOL

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Honestly... Prolly nothing... My instincts would say pick them up... But, I know my luck and as soon as I touched it, the owner would open his door and think I knocked them both over... Or a passerby will see and report a theft or something :lol It's just one of those things... Winds blow things over :lol Just like asphalt gets hot on warm summer days and kickstands sink in :fact

· Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Leave them alone because if I picked them up they would look at me and think I was trying to steal them or I was trying to damage them but my first thought would be pick them up

· I'm ok with my R1 eating me
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The majority of the responses I got on Facebook were to leave them be. Some of the reasons were, #1 The owner may think you're trying to steal them or you're the one that knocked them over. #2 If you pick them up, the wind will just knock them over again and cause more damage. #3 Not my business or I'm not touching them. My first response, I drove by and kept going. I got about a block away and turned around. I did in fact go and pick the bikes up. I took a picture first to document how they were when I found them. If for whatever the owner came out at the exact time, well I would have just told them what happened. I wasn't too worried about being accused of tampering with or trying to steal them. At the end of the day, do what you can stand I guess. I didn't want any fluids to leak or further damage to my unknown neighbor's bikes. Anyways, just seeing what everyone else would have done in the same situation.

· Luccckkkkkeeeeey!
250 Posts
Same.. If the owner happened to walk out while I was picking one up, he/she might thing I knocked them over in the first place. They're not even in a parking spot though so the whole thing is stupid. I could see someone knocking them over on purpose for that

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
If there weren't so many sue happy, money hungry, just looking for the next person to rip off, no matter what people out there... I'd pick them up in a heartbeat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.