Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As motorcyclists, we’re all too familiar with car drivers merging into our lanes, seemingly blind to the fact we’re occupying the lane they are trying to merge into. But what’s proper etiquette when a two-lane road turns into one? Which order should vehicles in a double-file line let each other into a single-file line? Whatever your answer, it’s probably not what this woman was thinking as she comes from behind this motorcyclist and co-occupies the lane he’s in. He then gets upset, honks the horn a few times, gives the driver a quick lesson in merging, calls her a choice expletive then rides on.

Normally that’s where a story like this would end. Instead, he spots a police officer up ahead, flags him down, and sticks him on the car driver.
Read more about the What Would You Have Done: Lane Merging Edition at Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
401 Posts
This happens to me on a regular basis. Don't ride a bike if you're sensitive. If the asshole doesn't knock it off then yeah I guess I'd flag a cop down, but this guy obviously hyped up the situation. He could've just let her go in front of him.

·
Super Moderator
24,529 Posts
I don't blame him for getting upset at the woman who seems to be smirking at him, that probably set him off. Honestly, I would have went around and got in front of the box truck. But good for him getting the police involved I hope she received a ticket!

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,674 Posts
:rory.....by the forum admin:lol

·
I sort of know what I'm doing
54 Posts
This happens to me on a regular basis. Don't ride a bike if you're sensitive. If the asshole doesn't knock it off then yeah I guess I'd flag a cop down, but this guy obviously hyped up the situation. He could've just let her go in front of him.
Yeah I'm with you on that.

I probably wouldn't have laid on the horn and made a big deal of it... just fell behind the car and avoided the rest of the situation all together. Flagging the cop was great since he had it on camera and all but when I'm riding 99% of the time I choose to not go head to head with a car cause that is not a battle I'm going to win.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah I'm with you on that.

I probably wouldn't have laid on the horn and made a big deal of it... just fell behind the car and avoided the rest of the situation all together. Flagging the cop was great since he had it on camera and all but when I'm riding 99% of the time I choose to not go head to head with a car cause that is not a battle I'm going to win.
Way too many rager deaths in San Diego. Riders literally being run over and rammed off of bridges by drivers. Yeah, flag the cops if you can, but challenge them? Nah, I'm good. Nobody is looking out for me but myself.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Way too many rager deaths in San Diego. Riders literally being run over and rammed off of bridges by drivers. Yeah, flag the cops if you can, but challenge them? Nah, I'm good. Nobody is looking out for me but myself.
I know Cali... but you ride in AZ while carrying and there is a whole new respect for you, its kinda funny:nforc:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts