Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Thinker
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's it worth? Yamaha R1, 2006 50th Anniversary 65 miles

I am trying to liquidate my bike collections, parts, gears, etc…So, my R1, 2006 50th Anniversary with about 65 miles (yes that is the original miles on this bike) is the first bike for sale. This bike is almost Brand New and is ready for street or track. It has always been covered in a cool environment stored in my storage. It just needs a bit of TLC to bring it back to life.

Appreciate if anyone can give me some information about how much this bike is worth and what I should be asking for it. BTW- I have spent about $10K on aftermarket parts on this bike alone.

It comes with the following goodies;

• Ohlins RT Front Forks
  • Ohlins Rear Shock
  • Ohlins Steering Dampner
  • Brembo HP Caliper
  • Brembo 320mm Full Floating Rotors
  • Brembo Master Cylinder
  • Dynojet Power Commander
  • Dynojet Quickshifer
  • Dynojet Ignition Module
  • Razimo Fluid Tanks
  • Razimo Grips
  • Razimo Bar Ends
  • Leo Vince Full Titanium Exhaust
  • Watsen Integrated LED Blinkers
  • Carbon Fiber Front Wheel Cover
  • Carbon Fiber Rear Wheel Cover
  • Carbon Fiber Mirrors
  • Stompgrip Tank Cover
  • Sato Rearsets
  • CRG Clutch Lever
  • R&G Frame Sliders
  • R&G Front Fork Sliders
  • R&G Swingarms Spools
  • Galfer Front Brake Lines
  • Galfer Rear Brake Line
  • Graves Smog Blockoffs
  • Graves Exup Eliminator
  • Graves Rear Brake Return
  • Factory Pro Velocity Stacks
  • BMC Air Filter
  • Scott Stainless Steel Oil Filter
  • Woodcraft Ignition Cover
  • Woodcraft Oilpump Cover
  • Zero Gravity Double Bubble
  • STM Slipper Clutch
  • Giles Titanium Axle Nut
  • Giles Lift Adjuster
  • Etc…

All internal components in Ohlins (bushing, valves, bearings, etc...) front forks and rear shock are track specs which were done by Eric Knight at Ohlins USA. Suspension was set up by Dave Moss.

Thanks!:thumbup

· WOG
6,093 Posts
You're probably not going to like this answer, but you're not going to get anywhere near what I think you're hoping for. (Not going to include what I'll think you'll get, as to not have you feel insulted.)

Best to break her up and return to stock to net the biggest return.

· Premium Member
39,036 Posts
Get a bike box and store it away. It's not gonna worth much until yamaha turns 100.

· My Other Bike is an M1
223 Posts
I have the same amount of stuff on my 04 except the Ohlins front forks and mine is worth between 4-5K. Yours will be worth a little more, $6-6.5K. As everyone has mentioned, part her out and return her to stock, you'll make way more money.

· Banned
672 Posts
Sadly I'd say book value for a year plus 10- 15%. I am curious why did you spent all that money on modding it if you didn't even ride it? Getting it back to its original state if you can, and selling the aftermarket parts separately will get you more than selling it as it is.

· Venom X/O
26,982 Posts
If you got $6500-$7000 for that bike as it sits, it's because the buyer feels guilty stealing all those trick aftermarket parts from you.

Part it out or take a hit, but you're not getting anywhere near $10,000 as it sits, not even close :no

Glws, that's a nice bike. :thumbup

· Moving sucks...
10,202 Posts
I'm just trying to figure out why you'd dump $10K in mods and not ride the bike? To each, his own, but daaaaaaaaaayyyyyuuuuum...that seems like a massive waste of time and money, plus all the missed enjoyment on the road and track.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
never even broken in? wow.. :(

· Registered
1,687 Posts
I'm just trying to figure out why you'd dump $10K in mods and not ride the bike? To each, his own, but daaaaaaaaaayyyyyuuuuum...that seems like a massive waste of time and money, plus all the missed enjoyment on the road and track.
This. I can't figure out what's going on here. Please explain why you put $10K into a fairly expensive bike and then never rode it, never even broke it in? I put 200 miles on my bike when I go to my Grandma's house and back. You have about 1 day of mileage in 10 years of ownership. I'd really like to know the story behind this.

· Registered
2,185 Posts
It def sounds crazy but from the sounds of it, op might have had some money and just wanted the best of the best. It sucks that he didnt even get to enjoy it but if hes claiming to have a collection of bikes it could make sense.

You gotta part it out or else prepare the bum home

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.