Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
127.0.0.1 -E
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's it worth? Cash, today! Hypothetical question.

2004 R1
12,xxx miles
Never an oil change over 3k miles
Graves full Ti exhaust
Velocity stacks
PC3 USB
Spegler brake lines
HH front brake pads (near new)
Speedo healer
16/45 gearing
420 chain
Clear bra
Fender eliminator
Flush front turn signals
All stock exhaust pieces available
Stock rear fender available
Front and rear redline stands available
Scratches on the lower plastics from loading in to truck on a ramp with high sides.
Scratch on the front plastic part of the gas tank from camera mount coming loose.
A few track days on it, but NEVER abused.
Has a personalized plate on it that will stay with me.
Clean title
NEVER dropped ALWAYS kept clean

So with a description like that, what's it worth cash today? Just curious, not up for sale at the moment but I'm thinking about it...

Attachments

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
well with a 420 chain it is rare and could be worth mega bucks!:sing:

·
Registered
282 Posts
$7000?

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts

·
127.0.0.1 -E
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love when people say "an oil change every three thousand miles"...psh... anyone can say that
You say that like it's uncommon for that type of maintenance. I take very good care of all my toys, but that's not the point here, and I don't even know why this is up for discussion.
No matter, if I were selling I would reserve my final sale to someone who actually knows something about motorcycles, so you can relax knowing that I'd never consider you as a buyer anyway. I want my baby to be in good hands, not squid hands :drunk:

For those who gave a straight answer to the question, THANKS :)

·
127.0.0.1 -E
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you sure you didnt mean 520?
Yes, 520 :) Slip of the brain.

I'm just getting a feel for what she's worth. I decided between last night and this morning I'm putting it up for sale. This is a sad and GRUMPY time for me.

I'm not looking to sell it in this thread, just trying to get an idea of what it's worth. I'd also like to know where the best place to sell it would be? Craigslist or ebay or other?

·
Do I really need a title
1,034 Posts
I'd say craigslist as it is free but beware of the scammers

·
Motorcyclist
114 Posts
I always have the best luck with cycle trader. The last five I have sold have been out of the trader and they are also in three other publications. They have the $69 runs till it sells special several times a year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.