Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,708 Posts
I was a fan of EBC EPFA pads (and the organic for the rear), though they have to be warmed up a little before they bite.
For most street use, the main factor is going to be you. Practice, practice.

·
Just Me.
399 Posts
Stock pads and rotors will be just fine.

I have stock rotors on my track bike with Vesrah pads. They feel just like OEM pads but with a little more confidence. Stock pads always did me well at the track. Vesrahs are the same type of pie IMHO just with extra whipped cream on top. If you are diabetic, stick with the stock pads.

·
Registered
2008 Yamaha YZF R1
40 Posts
For looks i bought some Arashi rotors off ebay they look great and catch great with red ebc pads i was actually surprised at the cost and how good they feel i replaced because my front were warping

·
Nevermore
1,140 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Glassman76

·
Registered
88 Posts
For looks i bought some Arashi rotors off ebay they look great and catch great with red ebc pads i was actually surprised at the cost and how good they feel i replaced because my front were warping
Did those rotors end up eating up your pads at all? I've read that the Chinese rotors have sharp edges along the slots that pre-maturely wear the pads.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Now you're talking !
Hi ZdaNan, Now you're braking!
I have a set of Braketechs on my Aprilia, great rotors, mine are Ductile iron, I would have bought some for the R1, would worked out a little expensive with customs duty. But the my favourite rotors, and I find they work even better when really hot, and they never fade, even under track conditions with hard use. Great choice.
I went Brembo hpk, as I had the calipers, and the a set of wheels came up with the hpk rotors, tbh there's mot much in it, but i love the feel of them Ductile iron rotors.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Yamaha YZF R1
40 Posts
actually they haven't much i know what your talking about but they put this layered film over all the slots that round them out so maybe they're updated but I was very cautious with them at first and I'd honestly to my opinion recommend them

·
Just Me.
399 Posts
BTW, everyone will almost always have different feel and feedback from different brake set-ups. The best is relative and/or subjective.

Reactions: KevinT7
1 - 16 of 16 Posts