Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Savin Some $$$$
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone know the difference between the kawasaki ZX-6R and the kawasaki ZX-6RR? I know that the R has 635cc and the RR has 595 but the RR is more, why the hell is that? I dont know too much about bikes yet so can someone help me out a little?
J-Nut:riding

·
Feelin' lucky?
323 Posts
I never paid too much attention to any of the Ninja sportbikes, but going from what I (believe) I read, the ZX-6RR has:

A slipper clutch
Different fuel injection system
Close-ratio gear spacing

Both the ZX-6R and ZX-6RR have:

That big K word on the fuel tank.

·
Savin Some $$$$
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha I know what ya mean bro. Trust me--- Yamaha is definately my first choice. This bike isnt for me my friend wanted me to do some research on it. NO Way ----- Im savin Up for R1 or if worse comes to worse an R6

·
15,500 rpm
360 Posts
Have you ever ridden a bike before? the R6 is a badass bike don't just write it off. If you are totally new to bikes I would not suggest an R1 as a first bike. I plan on keeping mine even after i eventually move up to the one.

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
Another mention for the 6RR is that it has an adjustable swingarm pivot. But unless your friend is going to be big time into trackdays or club racing then it really does'nt matter much.

·
the Green Bastard
6,973 Posts
As allready stated:

The biggest differences are -
599cc's vs 636cc's
and the slipper clutch and adjustable swing arm pivot.

I love my 636...but the ZX-6RR doesn't really do anything for me. I'd much rather have the 636....oh wait...I do!:thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts