Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
i need my bike before i snap
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if the r6 and the r1 are virtually the same weight then why does everyone talk about the r6 being better in the twisties than the r1???

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
Well for one thing, the R6 is at least 20 lbs lighter than the R1, has a 1.5 inch shorter wheelbase, and has less trail.

·
Formley known as slutty
5,183 Posts
not to mention the r1's overpower that most riders dont even know how to utilize

·
Registered
785 Posts
Most riders would be faster around a tight track with the R6 as opposed to an 03 or earlier R1. An expert rider might have been better on the R1. However, the same is true of the suzuki 750 versus the 1000. At the annual masterbike contest, the times for the two suzukis were very close to each other.

With the new R1, the difference between the R6 and R1 will probably be much smaller than in the past. But, still, it is easier to get into trouble with the R1 - so expert riders will probably be faster on the R1, the rest of us on the R6.

The R1 is the better bike! Just need practice to be able to master it.

·
i need my bike before i snap
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slutty22 said:
not to mention the r1's overpower that most riders dont even know how to utilize
that's funny because the first time i rode my r6 i was in awe of it's power (compared to my 95 cbr 600). i know that the r6 has about half the torque but on the track you are not lugging the bike but rather up in the peak hp rpms all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts