Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· 2 wheels are better than 4.
1,541 Posts
Did you remove any body work during the process? If so, it looks like the metal washer that is used with the rubber grommets for the screw fasteners (3) for each side of plastic mids/lowers.

I hope this helps.

Aloha

· Feelin' lucky?
323 Posts
My first guess is:

The airbox cover is held down by a bolt that passes through a hole at the front of it.
In this hole is a rubber damper, and in that rubber damper is a collar that looks a lot like that piece.

· PWN3R
1,366 Posts
looks like an abstract art to me

· The Blue One's are FASTER!!!!
2,467 Posts
hfatboyd said:
It also looks like the piece that goes inside the seat hole that the bolt passes through.
:iamwithst :yesnod

· Formley known as slutty
5,189 Posts
YZEtc said:
My first guess is:

The airbox cover is held down by a bolt that passes through a hole at the front of it.
In this hole is a rubber damper, and in that rubber damper is a collar that looks a lot like that piece.
:iamwithst

· Can i bum $1
893 Posts
I'm not going to be any assistance here: I just wanted to point out that I find it funny that the picture is of the piece actually on the ground, as though he didn't want to me it.

Just found it amusing.

· My R1 owns me
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
djetch said:
I'm not going to be any assistance here: I just wanted to point out that I find it funny that the picture is of the piece actually on the ground, as though he didn't want to me it.

Just found it amusing.
.....on the ground, as though he didn't want to me it.

I don't get it.

It turned out to be the peice that the bolt goes through under the seat. Thanks for the help I probably would have not noticed it and it would be driving me nuts right now trying to figure out what it was for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.