Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· I <3 My Honda
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im from Long Island NY. Im serouilsy considering moving out west. Obviously Cali is in my head. Id want to live in a place that's rural, and perferbly on or very near the woods, kind of woods I can ride dirtbikes in. Maybe do a little 4 wheelin also. Also Id like to live a not so far from the water, I'm not a huge beach goer but I do like the port like areas (I grew up on an Island) Im an avid motorcyclist and sports car guy and these NY winters are really starting to get me thinking about how much of my Life is being wasted. Name some towns that I should start looking in, School systems mean nothing to me as I don't have kids. Id prefer a condo with a garage if that matters. Im an Aircraft Bench Tech I'm sure it wont be hard to find a job wherever I go. Thanks guys.

· Klaus Von Slowpoke
6,237 Posts
IMO, I would look for job availability first, then for good housing close to job, then look for recreation opportunities. Things are pretty spread out and - there's no getting around it - traffic sucks. I prefer not to spend 1 or 2 hours commuting. I live 3 miles from the beach and am less than 15 minutes from work (most times) but probably 1 or 2 hours from, what I would consider, wooded areas. You might check out small airports near lakes but not a lot of options in Southern California.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.