Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering what you thought of the OEM seat cowl vs. the Targa one? It seems like a lot of R6 owners ('03's and '04's) are having color match and fitting issues with the OEM.

I've been searching on here and I haven't seen one complaint. Everyone says to go with the Targa but I like the look of the OEM better.

Any input?

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
I have had good luck with o.e.m. Targa is a different story. Paint did not match and fit a no winner.

·
My R1 humbles me.
8 Posts
I had the OEM on my '01 R1. Liked the look , the color was real close, but the fit was poor. I used the thin rubber feet off of the bottom of a computer to keep it from wobbling. It finally broke off during a near high side when I hit some ice on the road. My feet or my butt hit it (I actually landed on the seat and didn't fall) and all four screws broke off.

Have you seen the one made by Eurobikes? http://exoticsportbike.com/r1_(00-01)2.htm

·
married with children
609 Posts
I had the targa. i liked the way it fit smooth and loked more like a solo rear. the paint was matched well and fit was well also. but others tend to dissagree but mine was great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts