Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Bling Bling
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my '02 R1, and I'm frickin psyched! :thumbup

Just out of curiousity...What's your quickest quarter? I know it's going to take me some time to get used to the handling and speed of the bike, but i want to know what it's capable of.

· www.cycleposers.com
654 Posts
I have never drag raced, but this week i might go with some friends to a drag racing thingy. Can anyone give me some tips? I have never been to one, and i hardly seen it on T.V. either. I know with the green light, you go. But are there techniques involved? Leaning weight forward? Starting out?..

Ricardo

· Registered
456 Posts
Spokane again

Spokane is a really nice place. It's just SO FAR from everywhere else;)
2 seasons ago when Jonah rode his little SV-650 with 70rwhp SPR was one of his favorite tracks. What the LOOOONNNG front straight took from him, he made up for in the technical back section. He did 1:38's on it, which was faster than 3/4's of the 600 field:eek:
We didn't get there last season when he was riding the Aprilia 125, and this year it's just the OMRRA events for testing and the rest of the AMA's ( Hopefully, he really grenaded the motor in the Formula Ultra race on the 9th lap yesterday. It was sure fun to watch him battle with the Gixxer 1000's and 750's on the 250;) )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.