Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
No Brakes!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of Y'all that have looked at the 04 Two Bro's slip ons- Whats your take?....What do you think of the diamond finish?....They told me that it only comes that way......

I like the ends of the canisters....but Im not impresseed with the finish....:eek:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I feel the same way. Like the end caps but I've never been crazy about 2Bro's diamond finish. Plus they allways seem to get mixed reviews on their quality.

·
06 is my year
1,062 Posts
There was another thread with pics about a week ago. I don't have it but do a search on it. The forum member was getting the Two Brothers exhaust as a test user I think and he listed a few other finishes other than diamond...

I would prefer akra myself. Their quality is top level....or Graves....

·
No Brakes!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear what your saying...I spoke with sales at 2 Bros today...they said its the only finish available period....My take is that it takes away from the bike drastically!...Is Akro available yet?...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thats weird, because if you go to the two bros website, you can order it with titanium cans and I dont think that the titanium cans come with the diamond finish? So maybe there was a misunderstanding between you and the sales rep. You may want to call back and verify. Also, I think they are the best looking can out for the 04 so far, but I am not sure it is the way to go yet. I am waiting for the arata to come out. I have never had one, but i hear that the sound and the quality is top notch!! Just my opinion.

·
No Brakes!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see that Micron has released their 04 slip on...it looks good but I'm still not sure that its the way to go....the black carbon finish looks great....but I am still hesitant about the canister ends....Im sure Graves makes good stuff but it looks a little bigger than I care for....

·
Registered
89 Posts
like rooster said the website shows carbon, aluminum, titanium,and the x-metal. I think they look the best for the 04 ,just because they look like they fit. I'm gonna wait until all manufacturers come out with their pipes and i hear some reviews before i buy anything.

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
They caught my eye at first because of the end caps, but now I think they look like they belong on a toy or something.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I ordered a set of Titanium slip on from Two Brothers last week. They should be here sometime early next week. I will take some pictures of them and post them. I like Two Brothers products, but I know some guys don't. Years ago, Two Brothers were built with much less quality, but the last set I bought, for my R1100S, were built very nice.

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
Wow. So they DO have other finishes than the carbon hybrid? I think the Titanium is gonna look nice! Can't wait to see your pics!

·
I once thought life was dull ?
53 Posts
Just rec'vd my Two Bro's X-metal. The finish is good, the end caps are pretty sick lookin. One problem though, they require you to use stock hardware to mount up the new cans and the stock clamps actually don't fit the new pipe diameter, the stockers are too wide and max out before actually cinching down on the s-bend pipes. Going to the store to get some smaller sized clamps tomorrow and probably some cr whatever that is the high temp silicon goop. I'll put one call into Two Bro's to let them know of their oversight and then hopefully I'll be ready to post some pics.

Also removed the CAT' which is best performed by hammering first a chisel, then a 2" diameter pipe to wail on the corregated metal inside. The round pipe allows you to scrape the inner walls clean of metal scrap.

What a fun night it has been, just wish I coulda finished the yob and started er up!

·
Backmarker
1,250 Posts
I love the end caps as well! I also called and asked if the "connecting pipes" (for lack of the proper term) could be ordered in titanium, and if they offer a model that eliminates the cat. The answer to both questions was "NO". Personally, I wonder if the Akra can be ordered with their dirt bike end caps to simulate the Two Bros look.

·
Can we all say steering damper
122 Posts
I like the two bros. It looks like it came from the factory. They didnt just resize a pipe and throw it under the 1 like some companies will. Plus it is giving almost a 7hp gain from just a slip on.

·
Banned
64 Posts
I am selling a new pair of two bros slip ons(X-Metal Finish) for the 2004 R1. I will reduce the price to sell quick. They sound great. I actually ordered the X-metal finish but needed carbon fiber and couldnt return. They are brand new still in box. Email me at [email protected] if interested.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts