Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Bit of a debate with my friends as I'm struggling to get the front up on my 2014 R1.

Some of my pals have said it's rider error and a couple gave also said it's down the traction control be enabled.

2nd gear at about 35mph, blip of the throttle and slip the clutch and comes up but doesn't seem to come up that high or able to hold it.

Anyone able to give any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks

·
O Rly? O.O
822 Posts
Make sure you are turning the TCS completely off. When I had my '14 I thought I had it completely off but I really didn't.. Just set it to its lowest setting.

·
I like turtles!
40 Posts
Like was already said. The last two levels of TC are anti wheelie. You need more throttle before popping if you cant get it to pop higher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that next time I have a go l we switch it all off.

What sort of revs and speed do most people find it comes up to a decent height in 2nd?

·
Oaxaca Flocka Flame
319 Posts

What sort of revs and speed do most people find it comes up to a decent height in 2nd?
on my '15 in 1st gear, at about 7k rpm. i can roll off the throttle a bit and then get back on it and the front comes up no problem.

not sure about second yet. only been playing around in 1st

·
I like turtles!
40 Posts

I don't clutch wheelie much anymore but on my 13 I do second gear about 35ish. Do about 3/4 throttle and once you hit the power band(which will be pretty quick), pop the clutch. Not sure how many revs it jumps. Took awhile to get the feel. My problem was I kept popping the clutch too soon under the power band and wasn't getting enough rpm. I'm more about floating the front tire exiting a corner now-a -days. Something about being in lean and the front getting light :boobies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
eugensc
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing