Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see that thing???
I think that is the freaking coolest thing I have see in a long ass time :rock :rock :rock Maybe a little expensive for the average joe to own but cool non the less :thumbup

***flame away***

·
Registered
641 Posts
yeah, i thought that it was bada$$

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
BrokenR1 said:
Picture a Dyno machine with a bracket holding the rear-axle in place and a rubber-coated chain loosely attached to the front wheel to prevent flipping.

Basically a treadmill for wheelies. You can go just past the balance point before the chain saves you from flipping the bike.

Pretty cool alternative to learning on the streets if you have one around...

·
Registered
447 Posts
I think it’s was a good idea but the mechanism doesn't teach lateral balance (the bike doesn’t lean side to side)... The rear axel is fixed to a triangular jack so the bike can only pivot vertically...So to me it doesn’t simulate the real physics of a wheelie..

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
tonykart8 said:
I think it’s was a good idea but the mechanism doesn't teach lateral balance (the bike doesn’t lean side to side)... The rear axel is fixed to a triangular jack so the bike can only pivot vertically...So to me it doesn’t simulate the real physics of a wheelie..
:iamwithst
Although gyroscopic forces are going to play a part in this as well...........

·
2003 R1 Wadder, thnx Chevy S10
467 Posts
I caught the show this morning and got the entire broadcast. I made a excerpt of the 04 R1 intro, now if anyone knows where I can post a 28+ meg video?

by the way havn't watched the entire episode (was recording while I was gone) but can make a excerpt of it once i find it. Still need somewhere to post it. My ISP only allows 5 megs

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts

·
2003 R1 Wadder, thnx Chevy S10
467 Posts
My email only allows 1.5 meg attachments and as I said just the R1 portion was 28 megs. I saw the Wheelie Machine and it lasted longer than the R1 intro so it'll be more than that. Maybe I set the quality a bit too high but I don't know how to convert it to a lower quality video. Does anyone know where I can submit these or upload them ?

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Did any of you all see the great Shane McCoy AKA SpidermanSS on the R1 intro . That was him off to the left with the custom jacket on. His side was to the camera but I recognized him instantly.

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
BTW that Wheelie machine was awesome. I think it's intent is pure enough to disregard the other physics of a wheelie. If a real engineer got ahold of it and streamlined it that would be well worth say 10 bucks for a 10 minute run. Being a non wheelie person myself I think that the hardest part is actually getting it up which I figure that machine could help with. Once you are comfortable getting it up keeping it there is just a matter of practice. Hell I just did a 45t conversion and I still can't get that fawker to budge in second. ( I won't even imagine what it would be like in first gear)

·
wheres the aux rev limiter?
882 Posts
I think alot of people would f up on the streets after riding on that thing , thinking there bike would respond the same way?

·
Have you been bitten yet?
939 Posts
Solidus said:
Did any of you all see the great Shane McCoy AKA SpidermanSS on the R1 intro . That was him off to the left with the custom jacket on. His side was to the camera but I recognized him instantly.
Yeah first I noticed the blue McCoy shirt in the center then looked left and saw shane. Pretty cool bit on the new R1 though.

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
tonykart8 said:
dont forget wind and road conditions.. that thing was still bad ass. A couple hours on that thing and I could be a wheelie master. I could try all the shit I dont want to do normally.. flamingo's, supermans, tank wheelies.. :rock

1 - 20 of 28 Posts