Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard different theories about suspension settings and wanted to know what yall think.

1. Suspension has nothing to do with stunting.

2. Stiff suspension gets better power transfer to the back wheel for wheelies.

3. Soft suspension is more forgiving when stunting in uneven pavement like a highway or inner street.

any suggestions?

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS FOR THE BUMP

·
Jaw Droppin' Stunts
124 Posts
in my eyes, nuttin' to do with stunting...

...if you want a softer landin', give it gas on the way down....

...doesnt matter on the way up... all I have to say if your a big boy doin' high chairs, you have to find a good enough settin' cause if its too soft your forks are gonne get worked more and wont last long, and if they are too stiff, you'll blow them because of all the pressure...

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOW ABOUT REAR SUSPENSION SETTING. IF I STIFFEN THE BACK WILL THE POWER TRANSFER TO THE REAR WHEEL BE BETTER?

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MY CAPS LOCK ARE ON AUTOMATICALLY AT WORK. CANT CHANGE IT...

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I POSTED THAT FROM THE DSL TEST COMPUTER THATS NOT ON THE NETWORK WHEN I WAS TESTING REMOTE ACCESS FOR A CUSTOMER!! SMARTASS!

·
bleedin' blue
178 Posts
motopsyko32 said:
I POSTED THAT FROM THE DSL TEST COMPUTER THATS NOT ON THE NETWORK WHEN I WAS TESTING REMOTE ACCESS FOR A CUSTOMER!! SMARTASS!
you should definitely post from the dsl test machine more....

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how is this? if i hold the shift key down i can typr normal!

·
WHEELIE KING-girls luvmyweiner
4,299 Posts
yeah it matters alot.
OK fellas hope this helps, I like my front forks kinda soft (I like to bounce my wheelies up) this helps to let them compress and decompress. My rear I keep really stiff ( not hard as a rock) but stiff enough to where it will sit down slightly when I bring it up (I weigh about 150lbs.) Becareful with the rear if you stiffin it to much tail shake can occur. You need for it to perform and that is to take the absorbtion of the road without tossn you around but if you plan on doing some high speed wheelies youll need it kinda tight atleast thats been my experience with it.

Good luck and please be careful

·
Adrenalin Junky
193 Posts
bradsr1 said:
yeah it matters alot.
OK fellas hope this helps, I like my front forks kinda soft (I like to bounce my wheelies up) this helps to let them compress and decompress. My rear I keep really stiff ( not hard as a rock) but stiff enough to where it will sit down slightly when I bring it up (I weigh about 150lbs.) Becareful with the rear if you stiffin it to much tail shake can occur. You need for it to perform and that is to take the absorbtion of the road without tossn you around but if you plan on doing some high speed wheelies youll need it kinda tight atleast thats been my experience with it.

Good luck and please be careful
:iamwithst 110% on the rear. As for the front.. It really depends on if you bounce (chop) or clutch it up. I think of the bounce and chop as basically the same sh!t in the end; just two different ways of getting there.

IMHO:

-- Bounce or chop (softer)
-- Clutch (whatever)

Really does not make a whole hella 'lot of difference when clutch'n since your using engine inertia instead of suspension rebound for initial lift.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

}{Immortal}{

·
What Was That?
28 Posts
yeah rear helps control and slighlty stiffer over standard helps get rid of that phantom flip feeling, especially high speed 3rd gear etc,
as for the front cable tie the fork tube so you know if your bottoming out, if this hapens on a high speed landing , u can kiss yr ass goodbye!
so make sure you got some rev left to land, as the front can wander all over the place, and keep some power on to land goodluck <<<<<<<<<<<

·
CCS #228
881 Posts
I set my front suspension softer for bouncing it too

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i clutch so front osnt a problem as I am not rolling endos yet. but the rear i was wondering about. so does a stiffer rear make it wobble more or less or does it not matter?

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
Stiffer rear will tend to cause less stability IMO. I have my rear on the soft side, and the rear defintely dips before the front end comes up, but it seems to absorb the bumps well and it doesn't wobble too much, when I clutch up second. As far as the front if you tend to set them down hard then I would stiffen up the front.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts