Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Objects in mirror are losing
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I've been riding track and street for more than a decade. Love the speed and I can lean my bike all the way to the pegs but I've been a complete chicken when it comes to wheelies. Ya I've had the wheel come up a bunch of times but every time it does, panic jumps me. Funny thing is I can do it on my dirt bike all day and Im fine. But put me on the pavement and Im a mess. I think its time to get over it. Time to own the wheelie!

Who's got some good advice for me?

·
Back to the Yamaha community.
761 Posts
OK, so I've been riding track and street for more than a decade. Love the speed and I can lean my bike all the way to the pegs but I've been a complete chicken when it comes to wheelies. Ya I've had the wheel come up a bunch of times but every time it does, panic jumps me. Funny thing is I can do it on my dirt bike all day and Im fine. But put me on the pavement and Im a mess. I think its time to get over it. Time to own the wheelie!

Who's got some good advice for me?
Keep your right foot on the rear brake pedal. :)

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,287 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
lexanidubs09
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing