Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about you guys, but I finished my last track day on Nov 17, and I already can't wait until the season starts in early February.

My bike is not street legal, so I get to start it up in the driveway sometimes, and ride down the street and back. That only gets my track itch worse.
Wish I had my Deloreon working, but the fluxcapacitor is broken and can only output 1gigawat of electricity. Anyone know how to fix it? I am starting to get the track shakes.

·
Ya whatever, save it
2,514 Posts
My last track day was Oct 1st !!! it's good my bike is apart or I'd be riding it around the neighborhood pissing off the neighbors ( lol )

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I know the feeling...... my last one was Oct 29/30. Looking forward to Jennings in Feb.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
I don't know what everyone's complaining about, it's been since JUNE for me... I've been admitted once already for a nervous breakdown and was told a padded cell would be next.

·
Premium Member
23,060 Posts
Next weekend would have been my next trackday, but my wife hasnt spit out this kid yet, so I will see everyone in Feb

·
Felix the house cat
34 Posts
My last crackday was early november.

BUT 10 days and counting 'til next one (Fontucky). :boobies

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I don't know what everyone's complaining about, it's been since JUNE for me... I've been admitted once already for a nervous breakdown and was told a padded cell would be next.

That would suck Stu!!!!!

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
That would suck Stu!!!!!
:yesnod Yessir, it sure does...:fact Now the only consolation is I MIGHT get to go see SBK and MotoGP at Losail! :jump That might bring me back to normal, but I still won't be riding myself!

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
My last track day was Sept 23rd. It was hotter than a mofo. I ended up blowing chucks the session before lunch. :ugh Heat sickness messed up the day for me. Looking forward to Feb.

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My last track day was Sept 23rd. It was hotter than a mofo. I ended up blowing chucks the session before lunch. :ugh Heat sickness messed up the day for me. Looking forward to Feb.

Believe me, I know the feeling. I attended a track day at GSS (Grand Sport Speedway) south of Houston. It was a new track without ANY facilities, or electricity.
We had one of those thermal temp meters. In the shade, the temp was 115.
On the track, the temp was 148F. Couldn't believe it. I was pouring water into my suit like I wanted to swim. I got really affected around 2pm. Had to skip a session (my brain was starting to get fried). Went into a trailer someone offered with A/C. That was good enough to get me straight for the next session.

Was the hottest day I was riding in using full leathers gear. Was fun though.

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
I havent been there since mid summer i think, so fugg you guys...I have to wait till may :mad thats not a regular trackday, more of a learning event...its still gonna kick ass tho:D

·
What? Did I do that? Who me??
2,854 Posts
I didn't know you guys called Bogie "Chunks" :dunno

Jan 6th is the first one out here...

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
If you guys did not see it in the trackday section, Nesba just posted up the dates for 08!

·
Moderator - In Memorium
24,167 Posts
I know the feeling...... my last one was Oct 29/30. Looking forward to Jennings in Feb.
+1

February is going to rock! You should make the roadtrip ciaka!

If you guys did not see it in the trackday section, Nesba just posted up the dates for 08!
Ah... more speed drugs! Need to see. All this saving time off will pay... if my wallet can keep up! :lol

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
+1
Ah... more speed drugs! Need to see. All this saving time off will pay... if my wallet can keep up! :lol
:stpd: I've got plenty of leave for TD's, it's just a matter of if my funds can support it.

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
+1

February is going to rock! You should make the roadtrip ciaka!

Was already thinking of it last month or so. Not so much the funds, but the cooperation of spouse and work. I am taking 3 weeks of vacation plus another week work is giving to us for Christmas. After the 2nd, I will have 2-3 weeks, then our work is moving locations (they built a new building, so all the labs and eqt is being moved). Not that we will do the move, but will have to work extra to make sure we coordinate with Asia for the work they will do for us during the move. So it is highly unlikely I will get a good chance to leave for a few days. It would have to be like 4 days or so too, since the track day (Jennings I believe) is about 1000 miles away.
Would be great if I could, but it is very unlikely. Would be a perfect time to try out those tire warmers though...lol.
BTW, those UPS folk are pissing me off a bit. I shipped the packages on Monday, and I do not think they have shipped them away at all. I think they are still at the location (every time I check the track #s, it says the info is not valid or so). I bet they will not ship until Thursday (today) at least, if not after the new year. I was hoping to have them to you guys before new year, but looks like it will not happen now. Well, you have the number, so keep checking and let me know if you have any qs. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.