Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Always getting faster...
1,205 Posts
Re: When are the "SHIPs" coming with the new R1s

Buckeyes7 said:
From what i could find out-2008 when they will totally redo the R1 model...
:dunno A lot of people were saying it would be 2006. Previous generation changes were '98, '02, and '04, so I'm not sure there's a real strong pattern there.

·
Border Hopper Imigrant Stopper
1,149 Posts
highsideR1 said:
Then why didn't they have a big change this year?!?!?
They did, it just wasn' the R1. But they changed the FZ1 (still a 1000cc bike) and an R6. So, 'technically', they followed tradition by upgrading a 1000 and a 600... it just wasn't the R1 :)

personally, i think 2007 would be a revision for the R1, but i could see 2008 being the 'definitely by this year' change because it not only will be the anniversary, but also should match the years Suzuki will change their bikes, cause i doubt the GSXR1000 will change in 2007, because it'll only the 3rd year of the new one. And I'm sure Yamaha felt the same way about not changing the R1 this year, cause it'll only be the 3rd year of the new underseat models.

And a 2-year revision is dumb. 3 is STILL kind of pushing it, but the 4th year would be a good opportunity because the 1st year is for trial, second year is to fix problems, and 3rd year is minor upgrades, which would fit perfectly with Yamaha's strategy seeing as how this year (the 3rd year) the R1 has a longer swingarm and some more HP (see: minor upgrades), so I think a change in 2007 is on the horizon, not only that but they just put out a Limited Edition, which usually marks the end of a line up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2007 model came OUT in January - March of 2008, so that they could call it an anniversary model. :fact

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.