Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wants an '04
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to do some dyno tuning on my '03. Can anyone recommend a place around the C. Springs/Denver area?

Also, how long does it take and what's a fair price?

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
$200 for custom mapping is what I paid for my 04 track bike. This was by Louie (L&L Motorsports) at the big track last May. That should give you a frame of reference for what you should be paying.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
I paid 150.00 to have mine done at the track by Evan Steel of Evan Steel Performance out of Tucson. He was Jeremy Toyes mechanic on the R1 project bike. One of the dealers near me wants 350.00 and they dont know crap. If I were you I would do my homework on who is going to do it. If you want I can PM some phone numbers of some guys I have raced with up in your area.

·
Wants an '04
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mikeo said:
OK, Just got off the phone with my buddy in Denver and he mentioned TK Motorsports, the number is 720-904-9040. I hope this helps.
Big thanks for taking some time today to help me out bro! :thumbup That's the second time I've heard about TK Motorsports -- guess they must be fairly decent. Will give them a call...

·
Wants an '04
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eyespy said:
Paul, are you firmly relocated in CO, or is this temporary? Didn't realize you moved from So Cal. Comming back anytime?
Permanant as can be my friend! Did you miss the half-dozen or so goodbye threads on SCS? :fact :finger

Deb and I wanted to get out of LA for a quieter, slower pace (not to mention affordability). I just got out of the Air Force and I knew I could get good work out here so I took a job with Lockheed and we moved in September. Been loving it ever since!

(ps -- didn't get my stacks or AIS plugs yet but when I do I'll give ya a call....)

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
pg_rider said:
Permanant as can be my friend! Did you miss the half-dozen or so goodbye threads on SCS? :fact :finger

Deb and I wanted to get out of LA for a quieter, slower pace (not to mention affordability). I just got out of the Air Force and I knew I could get good work out here so I took a job with Lockheed and we moved in September. Been loving it ever since!

(ps -- didn't get my stacks or AIS plugs yet but when I do I'll give ya a call....)
No, I missed all those threads WTF!! :crash I moved out of LA/Orange County for somewhat similar reasons, but stayed in So Cal. Far enough away that there is open spaces, no smog, no traffic, affordable houses, affordable acreage, driving distance to most everything, and a well educated and high tech DOD workforce, good work opportunity, great riding, good weather, etc. blah blah blah. Glad to hear you made a good move and you and Deb are enjoying it so much. I was planning on helping you out in person on your stacks and plugs, not realizing that you fled the State! But just give me a call when your ready and we can go over it on the phone.

·
Wants an '04
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eyespy said:
No, I missed all those threads WTF!! :crash I moved out of LA/Orange County for somewhat similar reasons, but stayed in So Cal. Far enough away that there is open spaces, no smog, no traffic, affordable houses, affordable acreage, driving distance to most everything, and a well educated and high tech DOD workforce, good work opportunity, great riding, good weather, etc. blah blah blah. Glad to hear you made a good move and you and Deb are enjoying it so much. I was planning on helping you out in person on your stacks and plugs, not realizing that you fled the State! But just give me a call when your ready and we can go over it on the phone.
All good points... what's there that provides DoD jobs?

Damn, I wish you could help me in person! The stacks are a no-brainer but I wouldn't mind a hand with the plugs. Shouldn't be too hard though... (btw, the stuff arrived yesterday so I might tackle it this afternoon).

Oh, one thing I noticed yesterday is that there are no breather tubes exiting down by the sidestand like there should be! The little guide bracket is there, but no hoses! Is there a logical reason why they wouldn't be there? I wonder if the shop the previous owner took the bike to played around with something...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts