Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
get what, get back
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my buddies like to get together and jam (I'm talking garage rock, here) whenever we can. Usually we play at my buddie's in-laws' house whenever they're gone, but that means we can't just play any time we'd like.

None of use has our own house to set up our equipment, so it's kind of a drag.

Renting a studio is expensive. Do any of you know anybody that has found a cheap alternative? Any of you in a weekend band?

·
Bring X back
3,041 Posts
RexRR1 said:
I know some guys when i was younger would rent a storage garage. Don't know how much those things are though.
All my friends used storage units too...most places don't mind at all....in fact in Sacramento for a few years you could go to a dozen or more good shows just by cruising the storage unit places....thats where I first met Cake, The Deftones and a few others.

·
get what, get back
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Darkside said:
Hey Easy, wuzup , you don't hang out with us anymore at the Wolfpack site....
yeah, when my bike got jacked, I kind of stayed off both forums for a while. I was too depressed that I couldn't go riding, I didn't want to be reminded (it was stolen at the beginning of July, and I haven't ridden it since then). my bike is still in the shop (fvcking ducati)

I only recently started coming back onto this forum. I'll check out the worlfpack site today!

re: storage facility- I was thinking about doing that, but I didn't know if it would be okay. I'll talk to my buddies and see what they think. good to hear that others have done it. thanks for the replies, guys :rock

·
Bring X back
3,041 Posts
easy said:

re: storage facility- I was thinking about doing that, but I didn't know if it would be okay. I'll talk to my buddies and see what they think. good to hear that others have done it. thanks for the replies, guys :rock
Just make sure that when you talk to the storage place they are clear on what the intention is.

They may charge you a couple extra bucks a month for power and have some noise regulations but usually they are pretty cool about it all...especially in the Seattle area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts