Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I bought these recently and it just arrived a couple days ago: US $503.22 9% OFF|Fairings For Yamaha YZF1000 R1 Year 2009 2010 2011 09 11 ABS Motorcycle Fairing Kit Bodywork Motorbike Cowling Black White Red|motorcycle fairings|fairing kitmotorcycle fairing kit - AliExpress

I've been working on installing them lately and like you can see in the description they deliver a heat shield with it. To be honest it's the first time I hear of this and I don't know where to install it exactly. It's just a single sheet and I suspect I need to cover the inside of the side fairing with it but it would only be enough to cover one of them.

So my question is how do I apply this? Do I cut it and distribute it evenly? On which spots? Do I screw it in somehow or glue it? I literally have no idea. Can I somehow even test if it is of good quality?

Sorry for the many questions but I am clueless and I don't want my fairings to be molten because of a stupid mistake.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey man! I can’t get the pic on my computer but I would cut it up and it should be sticky on the back side. Put it around the ecu for sure and anywhere there is heat from the engine. Like where the rad hoses are close to touching and the oil pan etc. look at the body work you are taking off and see if there are places that have it on there

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man! I can’t get the pic on my computer but I would cut it up and it should be sticky on the back side. Put it around the ecu for sure and anywhere there is heat from the engine. Like where the rad hoses are close to touching and the oil pan etc. look at the body work you are taking off and see if there are places that have it on there
Thank you, like you suggested I just looked at how it was installed on the old ones and copied it. I even added a little extra just in case.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If possible can you post pictures one's it is install?
For sure man!

Here you go! I just forgot to attach the right signal cable so I need to get the side panel off again 😅 But it is great quality. The bolts I ordered with it are really bad most of them didn’t fit maybe I’m doing something wrong idk. I recommend to just get original screws they fit right.

Also I didn’t have fitment problems besides the windshield but it went right in when I cut off the excess plastic.

If you ask them they will put any design on it for you it’s pretty cool. I just wish I asked them to paint the same white as my tank since there is a difference in white now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts