Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced pulled the engine in my '05 and need help identifying a mystery electrical connector. It is branched off the left main harness in the forward upper motor mount area. It has about a 12" lead, is black with yellow plastic insert, square and has 5 wires going to it (blue, white/red, black/red, black/blue and black/green). I'll try to get a pic of it. Thanks.

·
R is for Respect
49 Posts
There are three sets of wires that are routed on the outside left of the frame....all of which go to the front fairing equipment.... headlight, radiator fans, etc.

There is also another single group of wires which branch out to the Fuse box, and another connector which dead-ends into a sensor which sites near the fuse box which is attached to the left side of the radiator....

Just food for thought....

If you could get a pic up ----

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. I just figured it out after I looked up the error code 17 I am having; it is the EXUP valve connector. How it ended up getting routed up to the front of the bike is beyond me but I suppose stranger things have happened. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.