Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering where everyone was from, i am from the bay area, california. Anyone out here?

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Sweden.. the country that right now is getting colder by the minute.. *brrr* cooooold!

.. no "bays" here. Maybe bay of wood or something. :D

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
Phoenix, AZ USA here, too warm here still, supposed to be in the 100's all weekend, maybe rain on my ride saturday, dammit..........

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Hehe! I hope you treated them well. Or I'll come an haunt ya!

Wow! Mid 100's ??? That's crazy. It's like 40 celcius. And THAT is hot! We had a great summer here in Sweden. And now it's kinda "normal" weather and it's getting very cold in Sweden. (very cold is 10 below for me hehe.. and the usual winter is -20 to -30. Baaaad!!!)

I would love to move to Florida so I can ride all year through!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5 words for ya kid:
CA LI FOR NI AH

Thats if anyone can afford to live here. sucks. but the weather kicks a++.

i have a buddy who moved to glendale, az a month back, has a blue r6, going to med school there. he also says its too hot. must suck. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
re:

First post and im from the New Orleans area in Louisiana. Hot and damp, but we have races here this weekend at a new track so life is good. :D

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
I'm so jelous at you! We got sun.. but it's soon getting too cold to take the bike out for some serious riding.

And I still haven't got my insurance money so I'm "bike-less" :(

But You have a good time and post your pictures! :)

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
Well i did in fact get rained on, dammit. for about 30min. going over Mingus Mountain in Central , AZ. However the other 11.5 hrs of twisties was perfect. and it was nice and cool up there, about 60-70f. Then when we get back to Phoenix its still about 100, I hate coming back. I think I'll just move north a little.

·
Natural born looooooser
51 Posts
Hey man, it´s with split emotions I hear you complain about the weather...
over hear it basicly sucks for 3 quarters of the year (snow, ice and cooooold weather) and when it finally gets to the quarter that you are living for(not so cold, total abscence of snow and actually a little sun once in a while) ....you´re doomed to crash 'cause you´re too pumped up to realize your own good... ;)

But hey - I´m happy for you guys....*mumbel...sort of....damn....I wish...* mumbel mumbel*

·
'See you in the crosshairs'
86 Posts
I'm from the UK...but do most of my miles in the South of France....'God's Country' for motorcycles.
And yes I've been to the States, 48 of them in fact, I really like Washington State and the area south of San Fran.

·
My insurance eats me...
245 Posts
I'm from Charlotte, NC. Yet another place for year-round riding. Of course, only a dedicated few ride in the winter here. It rarely snows, but it will get into the high 30's-low 40's (F). We've got some great riding though; 3 hr.s from the coast, 1.5 hr.s from the Blue Ridge parkway. The mountain riding is insane.

·
Resident Joker
44 Posts
Originally from Clearwater Florida, now living (I mean existing) in Arkansas.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no one else from the bay area, cali?

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
Hey throttle-cntrl, do yo go down to Santa Fe on the weekends?, man do I miss that place, those were some of the best rides I've been on. Are they still pretty good?

I miss johnson drive and the clovers at 435 and Parallel Pkwy.

later

1 - 20 of 36 Posts