Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of registering my r1 and after 3 months of back and forth with the California DMV they tell me i need a Emissions sticker and that its somewhere on the motorcycle. It was purchased in California from a dealer none the less. Anyone have any idea where this sticker is located? Thank in advance, im desperate for some guidance here!

·
2016 R1
228 Posts
Im in the process of registering my r1 and after 3 months of back and forth with the California DMV they tell me i need a Emissions sticker and that its somewhere on the motorcycle. It was purchased in California from a dealer none the less. Anyone have any idea where this sticker is located? Thank in advance, im desperate for some guidance here!
Not sure where the sticker is but when I bought mine from the dealer they did the registration process for me and they didn't say anything about nor does the paperwork say anything about an emissions sticker. I live in LA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I lowsided it and insurance totaled it out. I rebuilt it and am applying for salvage title and the only thing holding me back is this sticker that is only pertinent to California. Damn hate this state.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,414 Posts
You need to....

1) show proof you purchased it in CA new. Dealer contract, bill of sale or original title.

2) & schedule an inspection with the CHP. They will blue tag/certify that is road legal.

The CA model bikes do not have emissions stickers on them. CA just has the charcoal can for smog/gas vapor crap. 49 staters do not have this.

And your VIN says it is a CA model

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear friend I have Yamaha R6 2016 , I have the same problem,one of stickers are by chain stick to your motorcycle Frame and there under your gas tank, usually it’s on your air filter covers, well good luck I going back to DMV to see what he’ll I can do

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear friend I have Yamaha R6 2016 , I have the same problem,one of stickers are by chain stick to your motorcycle Frame and there under your gas tank, usually it’s on your air filter covers, well good luck I going back to DMV to see what he’ll I can do
R6 Community , after months going back an forth to DMV , because R6 I bought from Michigan and i can’t register it because it’s 49 state, even I got my mileage to over a 7,500 they telling me the R6 I bought should have 7,500 miles before enter into California. So finally I give up . I don’t want to sell it because I love this bike, so please if anyone knows a way to fix my problem, I’m open to listen,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts