Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Driving the Big Brown Truck
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been calling the dealer every Thursday of Friday for the last month. He still has no idea where or when it's coming. He says he's only getting one, and it's mine.

Wouldn't ya think that if he is indeed only getting one, that Yamaha would just drop one off and be done with that dealer ??

I asked him today if he's heard anything yet.......

"Nope......nothing"

Me: "Well, is there a way to check the status (YDS)....? "

"I've run it through, but haven't gotten anything on it yet"

Me: "Do you think it's going to be a problem getting it in?"

"No No No.....shouldn't be......I hope not"

(at this point I'm thinking WTF ? )

"I've got your cell and your home #'s.....I'll call you as soon as it comes in"

Now the bad thing that pisses me off is that I am buying from an Ohio dealership.......and as behind as West Virginia is.....hell, we've even gotten them in already!!" a dealership thats about an hour away (here in WV) has already gotten one (member smokeuu)'s red one. And my local dealer thats 15 minutes from the house has gotten one in (Spideys)

DAMNIT !!!!!!

:rant

1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope the hell not. He has my deposit, plus he was reffered to me buy one of my customers. Everyone that I have told that has bought from him swears by him. The guy is old......him and his wife own/run the joint.

:dunno

· Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
i just got mine in west texas. i work for dealership. waiting sucks, and it was raining this morning and when it quit the wind was blowing 50- 60 mph. i assembled it and rode it from shop to showroom and parked it.... damn it sucks. have him call yamaha order desk. all dealers should have been allocated 1 at least in feb. even tho like me, mine just got here today. we have another 2 due this month. keep hounding the dealer... make him find out if its on the dock or at aca transportation. be nice, but be persistent!

1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
r1-superstar said:
Why don't you fly over and pay them a visit? I would!
I'm thinking about going Saturday......it's about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from here, and there's no way to go during the week. I plan on doing a track day the end of this month at VIR....and I don't wanna ride it for the first time on the track without getting used to it first.

:cryin

· Banned
9,609 Posts
R1_enough_said said:
I'm thinking about going Saturday......it's about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from here, and there's no way to go during the week. I plan on doing a track day the end of this month at VIR....and I don't wanna ride it for the first time on the track without getting used to it first.

:thumbup Do it man..............I know you don't want to hear it, but they are messing with you because you are out of state.

· Registered
334 Posts
R1_enough_said said:
I've been calling the dealer every Thursday of Friday for the last month. He still has no idea where or when it's coming. He says he's only getting one, and it's mine.

Wouldn't ya think that if he is indeed only getting one, that Yamaha would just drop one off and be done with that dealer ??

I asked him today if he's heard anything yet.......

"Nope......nothing"

Me: "Well, is there a way to check the status (YDS)....? "

"I've run it through, but haven't gotten anything on it yet"

Me: "Do you think it's going to be a problem getting it in?"

"No No No.....shouldn't be......I hope not"

My dealer is doing the same to me..The truth is my dealer is selling the bikes for 11.5K and he gave it to me for 10 so hes going to lie for as long as he can.They keep telling me the bike is "in transit" yeah ok, for 2 weeks. If he does not produce my bike by saturday then I will request my down payment back, If he wont give it back I'll be in small claims court on monday.

(at this point I'm thinking WTF ? )

"I've got your cell and your home #'s.....I'll call you as soon as it comes in"

Now the bad thing that pisses me off is that I am buying from an Ohio dealership.......and as behind as West Virginia is.....hell, we've even gotten them in already!!" a dealership thats about an hour away (here in WV) has already gotten one (member smokeuu)'s red one. And my local dealer thats 15 minutes from the house has gotten one in (Spideys)

DAMNIT !!!!!!

:rant

1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone live close to Gallopolis, Ohio ??????

Go by Riverfront Honda and get the 411 for me please !!!!!!

· No Need for a Title
3,761 Posts
but I am in the same boat as u, they keep telling me any day now for the past 2 weeks, the said they have 2 blue and 1 silver, the silver showed up but nothing on the blue's, I feel bad for Jeff cause they dont even show a red one comming anytime soon

· Action figure sold separately
12,868 Posts
R1_enough_said said:

The track is an ideal place to break in the bike, but change the oil and filter after the first track session or two.

1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eyespy said:
The track is an ideal place to break in the bike, but change the oil and filter after the first track session or two.
I don't wanna get on the track without being familiar with the bike first. I know sure as shit that I will want to go balls out on the track when I get on it, and I dont think it would be very smart being on a bike for the first time since my highside June 22, 2003, and on a completely different bike than my old 02.

Granted, I have run VIR before, but still yet..........just my .02

· Don't be scurred
112 Posts
Damn...I got my R1 last Saturday with no deposit in CA....:bow ..
That sucks for you....

· MK Racers 51-50
562 Posts
Man that sucks that you have to wait! I just walked into the dealership on Sat with my two buddies we all rode out with new R1's! Sorry bro:(
Will

· Don't be scurred
112 Posts
here is us riding out:cool:

Attachments

· Don't be scurred
112 Posts
right before

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.