Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The R1 is so Money
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where will the guys running nitrous place the bottle on the 04? the left passenger peg seems the most obvious. I mostly do track days/street but I have a personal goal to run in the 9's. Problem is I ride at Bandimere.
Between my weight and altitude I need the horsepower. I am laying off the carbohydrates to reach 210 lbs.
On a dry system, can the nozzle be installed in the airbox and left there with bottle removed for everyday riding?

Nitrous Noob

·
The R1 is so Money
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If nozzle is placed prior to airfilter, does a dry paper element work better than a oiled gauze(K&N)? And
reading off search on forum a 40 shot will add about 20 horsepower or about .4 to .5 secs off a good run?

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
yes 40 shot is good for .4. my old dry system made 39.7hp on dyno.. im going to mount mine between tire and swingarm after i put the extensions on it. spidermanss has made a cool mount for dry shot for 04's. he will have pics after daytona. dont know how many he will make. u can leave nozzle in airbox and ride without problems all day long. spiderman has some pics of his nitrous bottle location on here from a day or so ago.... do a search for his post when he got his bike... as soon as more r1's are out there, different mounts and installs will pop up. ill have pics of mine by the weekend...(if bikes shows up....) but it will be full wet system with progressive controller and CO2 auto air shifter.... all ihave to do it let go clutch and hang on....

·
The R1 is so Money
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
thanks for the info. This will be my first fuel injected bike. Will the power commander with an added module do what the schnitz controller will do? or will they work seperately and not screw each other up. Obviously the PCusb will remap fuel. But Im assuming the schnitz controller times the nitrous release so you dont have to hold in the horn button. Sorry if these questions areto basic. Thanks again for any info.

Nitrous Noob:crash

Sorry I should be posting in MODS section. Im very new to forum thanks

·
Get in mah belly!!!!!
68 Posts
I'm with you guys on that. I feel like the Incredible Hulk when i fidget with those stupid plastic screws/rivets. I've broken 2 on the 04 already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts