Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I am craving sushi.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy flooded his 954 and fouled out the plug. I've searche on google and I can't find the plug number. I'd like to buy the plugs before I pull the new ones to save time and the local bike shops won't give me the part number because they want to make the big bucks.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
honda shop. actually its a 20$$ a plug deal only from honda. there are iridium plugs i believe ifr9.... sorry id have to be at shop to tellu exactly

·
I am craving sushi.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard the factory plug is a Denso plug and is not iridium??? I'd like to know the Denso part number if anyone has an idea where to find it. I found the NGK number last night, it's IMR9C-9H. I'm trying not to spend a fortune on plugs if I don't have to. I can get my Yamaha plugs online for less than 6 bucks apiece.....but the guy I get them from is in Australia right now so I can't get ahold of him to get the part number of the Honda plug and see if he has it in stock.

·
I am craving sushi.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Inxtremis said:
Try this site and post your question there since its dedicated to the blade.

http://www.fireblades.org/
I already tried that, but they don't accept hotmail email addresses and that's all that I have. :mad: My ISP had a problem about a year ago and messed up my account so I've never had email through them.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
heres the plug # from honda imr9c-9h,imr8c-9h,vuh24d, vuh27d.. and honda part #31911-mbw-311,31912-mbw-e11,31921-mbw-e12,31922-mbw-e12. as far as i know its a honda part made by ngk. at least thats whats on the box. and it is an irdium tipped plug. i have it in my hand. expensive little dudes

·
I am craving sushi.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1longR1 said:
heres the plug # from honda imr9c-9h,imr8c-9h,vuh24d, vuh27d.. and honda part #31911-mbw-311,31912-mbw-e11,31921-mbw-e12,31922-mbw-e12. as far as i know its a honda part made by ngk. at least thats whats on the box. and it is an irdium tipped plug. i have it in my hand. expensive little dudes
imr9c-9h vs imr8c-9h I know the 8c is the hotter plug, so since once in a while during track days he runs a mix of 118/93 octane, should I go with the colder imr9c-9h? How much is a good price for these plugs?

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
i would go with hotter plug if it were me. plugs are 13.00... u might find them somewhere cheaper. i dont have any clue where to look though.

·
I am craving sushi.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
13.00 is cheap compared to where I'm at. Here in IN they are anywhere from 20.00 to 32.00! It sucks.

·
I am allergic to stupidity!
268 Posts
2002-2003 Honda 954

NGK Spark Plug Part No. 6777

Stock No. Iridium IMR9C-9H

Plug Gap .035

Use this Link. The site is www.sparkplugs.com. The plugs are $11.71/each plus shipping.

I thought my R1 plugs were bad. Honestly by the time you add shipping is close to what the dealer wants. If you ever need to cross reference a NGK plug go to www.ngksparkplugs.com, then order them from www.sparkplugs.com Good luck.

954 NGK Sparkplug order page

If you ever get in the dayton area...email me we can ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts