Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
31,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with all the comparos of horsepower going around, which litre bike has the best chassis/geometry/suspension? does anyone even care about this overlooked question when considering a new bike??

·
your mom looks hot
121 Posts
the 04 R1 of course. (in silver) :D

·
I will be a Better Rider.
218 Posts
My bets are on HONDA CBR1000RR.
It may be little down on horsepower compare to some other new 04s and weigh 20lb more...But still, it will prolly have the best combo.

Yamaha takes the cake in everything but more should have been done for the way it delivers, Powerband wise.

NOTE: I know its R1 forum and i am no honda spokesperson either. So dont flame me. I am speaking what i see. More should have been done for stock bike. But nothing that Mods cant fix.:)

·
Too old for this crap...
1,869 Posts
I think the best are either the R1 or the 10R. The honda only looks good but i think the generally bike are a letdown.

·
Banned
31,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EliminatorR1 said:
I think the best are either the R1 or the 10R. The honda only looks good but i think the generally bike are a letdown.
does anyone think the zx-10s chassis is up there? i think it has a 1385mm wheelbase? :eek:

·
your mom looks hot
121 Posts
unless you're racing, i don't think it matters. if you are racing, you'll mod the bike so much anyway with suspension and chassis work that really it all comes down to the rider anyway. you can't go wrong.

my opinion is the honda will be the mule. they have a long history of building great HRC race bikes, but the consumer stuff is watered down, heavy and pig-like. just like the RC51 and the 929.

for all around packages the R1, GSXR or Kawi will be winners regardless of the brand you pick.

as far as the comments above, i'm not sure how anyone can be complaining about the R1 package at this jucture, especially a street rider / someone who doesn' t have time on the bike.

think about the success of the R1 and R6 over the past 6 years. they are just excellent packages across the board, year in and year out.

·
My RR tempts me
654 Posts
I think the CBR has a great package but I am worried about how the front end feels on that one

·
Registered
785 Posts
Agreed about the CBR. Like that RC51, the only way to make it equal the others will be to add $100,000.00 worth of parts that you could not buy even if you had the money!

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Mmmmmmm, thats a tough one as all of them(yet again) have improved from previous yrs models or from scratch to enable them to withstand the increased performance. This may very well come down to each individuals impresssions after the've ridden their fav scooter a few thousand miles.

BD

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
This may very well come down to each individuals impresssions after the've ridden their fav scooter a few thousand miles
Thats' exactly the point! All four suspensions surely are better than the rider for 99% of the readers here (me included). So no need to worry about this point.
The different manufacturers seen to have different goals, the G1K rather is on the slow handling side while the new R1 and ZX10 seem to be very quick and the CBR somewhere in between.
You may get happy with either of them, suspension wise.

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
The CBR1000RR probably has the best chassis. It's the only bike that does'nt feel fast shows how good the suspension and chassis is. Only Honda can make a 150+RWHP bike feel slow and un-intimidating. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts