Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
katuuuge!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 98 R1 with some messy hacked up wiring. the previous owner connected the horn wires to the some generic flushmount turn signals wires using splits and what not, now everything is all messed up.

the horn used to work before, now it doesnt
only the left rear turn signal works. if i flip the switch to the right, all the lights minus the turn signals have a pulsating dim as if they were all weak turnsignals
when i flip the highbeam switch, the instrument cluster resets as if i turned the ignition off and on real fast.

does anyone have a list of which color wire connects to what accessory? the service manual is not helping me as i have no clue how to read the diagram. i just need the list of what color is which accessory and then i can fix this mess. kinda like the instructions of installing a new radio deck into a car.

thanks for reading!

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
i have a 98 R1 with some messy hacked up wiring. the previous owner connected the horn wires to the some generic flushmount turn signals wires using splits and what not, now everything is all messed up.

the horn used to work before, now it doesnt
only the left rear turn signal works. if i flip the switch to the right, all the lights minus the turn signals have a pulsating dim as if they were all weak turnsignals
when i flip the highbeam switch, the instrument cluster resets as if i turned the ignition off and on real fast.

does anyone have a list of which color wire connects to what accessory? the service manual is not helping me as i have no clue how to read the diagram. i just need the list of what color is which accessory and then i can fix this mess. kinda like the instructions of installing a new radio deck into a car.

thanks for reading!
scan and post a pic of your service manual wiring diagram and i will translate it for you.:thumbup

·
katuuuge!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
katuuuge!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will do sir! too bad i have to wait till wednesday

payday

at least i killed 76 hours of overtime, that's going all to my bike haha.

·
katuuuge!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i need help again guys. i managed to dechiper some of the diagrams on the oem service manual pdf. my turn signals work perfectly. i had to use gregg's flushmount instructions to figure out which wire to connect.

now, it seems from the oem manual that the switch or connector for the neutral light on the instrument cluster is missing

that's how i found them connected. wtf?

and this is for the horn. the manual describes the black wire just...ending, but where do i connect that to? i assume it's the ground cause it's a black wire.

can anyone tell me where these wires connect to or what i need to fix them? i just need both of these done and i am finally free! well, i at least want the horn and neutral indicator light working :banghead:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.