Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Dampner mount to get

OK, I am ordering a damper....soon. I am pretty set on getting the Ohlins, I have heard a lot of good about how they work and I like how they look. I am just not sure which mount I want, the Ohlins, Graves, or Harris. Any opinions? I am leaning towards the Harris.

One wild card though, I once saw a black version of the Scotts damper and I thought it was an Ohlins, but it could have been another brand. I believe that damper is sold under a couple different names. If I could find a Black Ohlins of that style (rotary that is) then that would be cool too.

Any suggestions?

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, thats a good looking part. Is that a dirtbike you have yours mounted to in the picture? I think I might try that out, now do i get black or titanium?

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
I'm not sure what's the relationship between Ohlins and Scotts, they're definitely together now... :yesnod

http://www.ohlins.com/mc_sd_mx.shtml

This picture was taken directly from Ohlins website, look exactly like a Scotts, but they are using this for MX & Enduro only... :dunno

Attachments

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
valerossi said:
I'm not sure what's the relationship between Ohlins and Scotts, they're definitely together now... :yesnod

http://www.ohlins.com/mc_sd_mx.shtml

This picture was taken directly from Ohlins website, look exactly like a Scotts...
Ohlins builds the Scotts, puts the Scotts name on the top plate and sends them to Scotts in the US. Scotts makes damper kits. Ohlins markets the Scotts as an MX damper. The road version of the Scotts has the "R" designation on the top plate

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you running the Scotts Eyespy? It seems like a lot of people prefer the rotary DAMPER (got the spelling right this time guys :D ) but most pictures I see of race bikes seem to have a linear damper? Whats up with that?

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Eyespy said:
Ohlins builds the Scotts, puts the Scotts name on the top plate and sends them to Scotts in the US. Scotts makes damper kits. Ohlins markets the Scotts as an MX damper. The road version of the Scotts has the "R" designation on the top plate
I see.

Thx for the info.

;)

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
downtown said:
guys, Back to the topic.

Which is the best mounting for the ohlins damper? which ruttle and buzz the less.
Thanks DT, that is what I really wanted to know......anybody got some input??????????????????????????????????

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bump

·
No, you can't ride it
603 Posts
I've got a Scotts and have used it on my 200 R1. I'm going to put it on my 04 r1 when it gets here. I absolutely love it!!! There is a company called GPR that makes a damper like the Scotts but it comes in different colors, like black , red, blue, even green.:)

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All right, I am not sold on the rotary, i am just not that crazy about how they look. I am thinking maybe the Graves becuase I like how the main body of the damper is held stationary while the rod is attached to the Top triple clamp. Is there anyone out there with some feed back on how well this mount holds up?

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cookie, your avater looks a lot like Elmo....:D

Thanks for the info, but those are the three choices I started with, I am trying to decied which one seems to be the strongest and least likely to rattle......all that jazz.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,626 Posts
Ohlins with new style Ohlins mount, no rattles, no buzzes, no problems.Install it correctly and you won't have them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts