Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Administrator
27,555 Posts
If you want the best go with the Scotts it's worth you can rebuild it if it ever takes a crap on you, but the ohlins is o.k. not great, maybe even a gpr.
How can you say that the Ohlins is ok not great? :2bitchsla

Why spend $410 on a Scotts, especially since you have to drill holes in your frame to mount it. All dampers can be rebuilt! :dundun: The better option is to get the Ohlins as it is a direct replacement for almost 1/2 the cost! :fact

· Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
mm...my opinon comes from racing for the last 7years and riding the last 18years. Ohlins work, end of story...and you don't need to go fast to see the need for a damper, just needs to happen once to pay for itself.:lhumper:

But then again, I love gold and having Ohlins all round, I am bias...:butt

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
sounds good to me i was leaning towards the ohlins cause i didnt want to have to drill and pay almost twice as much since they do the same damn thing NEXT QUESTION does anyone have one they would like to sell im looking for that and a black rear seat cowl thats in perfect condition i just had my bike all redone after being hit by a car so i have all new plastics and then i added the asv gold shorties the ohlins rear shock akro full system cf cans sato rearsets K&N filter corbin cf seat pc3 usb brand new sets of dunlops greggs flush mounts still want to get some stacks black rear seat cowl ohlins damper db windscreen and some other shit lol so if any one has any of this in good condition pm me

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what are some ther good quality telescop dampers cause i need to buy one and if the quality is there w a good price then i can always just take a look hey kevap have you ever had any problems w the ohlins cause i dont want to spend 300 and it give me problems some time down the road

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.